ForumsSupport ForumQuestion about Ads

10 2489
QueenofSpades
QueenofSpades
3 posts
Nomad

I understand why ads are needed an important when providing a free service like this, so this really is a question of curiosity rather than meaning it as a complaint.

But when I first joined up as a member one of the perks listed for registering to Armor Games was that you would not have ads, and initially when I first joined I had stopped seeing the adds so I was wondering why now the ads have started popping up again.

• 10 Replies
dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

What I think is that some games have ads regardless if you are a member or not. I played ArmorGames before becoming a member, and most had ads. Since becoming a member, I have played games with ads, and without. It may be because AG3 is coming out, or because the creator added them in themselves.

QueenofSpades
QueenofSpades
3 posts
Nomad

I wondered if it had to do with the updates when I read about AG3, also wondered if they were added just to promote Siege Hero, as that is the ad which I keep getting.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

i don't really mind the ads, but i have to agree with dragonhunter422. i think the ads show up regardless of you being a member or not. its probably the developer of the game that makes them show up.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I had stopped seeing the adds so I was wondering why now the ads have started popping up again.

I think that needs clarification. When you sign up to an AG account, the advertisements that you see in-game are replaced by the comments box.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3609/agclarification.png
That's what you would normally see if you weren't logged in. So on top of being able to track your progress on flash games, you also view less advertisements.
QueenofSpades
QueenofSpades
3 posts
Nomad

Oh sorry for not being clear, it is when I am logged in that I am starting to see ads of which I did not previously see when I first registered. In fact at first when I came on to AG I thought I was not logged in becasue of seeing the ads but checked and noticed that I was signed in.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

Ad's are so stupid!!!

Revenge66
Revenge66
18 posts
Nomad

I get the reason for adds as well but even if their stupid Armor Games needs them for support Tobisper its like running a free game site like Armor Games u would have to make money right? So that's the reason u need adds so if u want to make a site Tobisper without any adds just let me say good luck and see u in a bit.

McJibberLaugh
McJibberLaugh
25 posts
Nomad

[quote]Flag
Ad's are so stupid!!!

Even though you think ads are stupid. Armor games wouldnt have a point in doing this without ads.

No ads No money

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I don't care about the ads but well Idk. They don't provoke me, but most of the rollover ads above the game screen anoy me since they expand and block my screen. I still have ads at the side of my screen and at the top. I see like a lot on the home page, regardless whether I'm logged in or not

x_soccerkid_x
x_soccerkid_x
217 posts
Nomad

Personally, I don't mind the ads, as long as they are to the side. The only ads I don't like are the ones that you have to watch before you can play the game. Fortunatly, this site doesn't do that, unlike hulu or youtube.

I know those aren't websites where you can play games, they are just an example.

Showing 1-10 of 10