ForumsThe TavernIf you could delete a thread which one would it be?

25 2852
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Is there a thread that you dislike? You can discuss which ones you don't like here. If you had the power to remove a thread from existance (more than locking, it completely gone like it was never there) which one would it be?

• 25 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'd delete this thread. It'd be funny to see how people would react to losing thousands of posts. I'm sure several forumers here have gotten 1,000+ posts from that thread.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I have to say The 'Rant' Thread. Watching people give problems but no solutions get annoying. Some of the topics on there have just bitten the dust before they were resolved.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I'd delete this thread. It'd be funny to see how people would react to losing thousands of posts. I'm sure several forumers here have gotten 1,000+ posts from that thread.

Terrible idea! There would probably be lots of flaming, spamming, and swearing from people who made lots of posts there.

I would delete a spam thread that had no replies.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There would probably be lots of flaming, spamming, and swearing from people who made lots of posts there.

Exactly why I would delete it. It would show their true colors.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Terrible idea! There would probably be lots of flaming, spamming, and swearing from people who made lots of posts there.

That's when you get to say "trolololololololololololololololololol".
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Terrible idea! There would probably be lots of flaming, spamming, and swearing from people who made lots of posts there.

That's when you get to say "trolololololololololololololololololol".[/quote]

No. It is not good to spam or to encourage spam. Trolling is also against the rules.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You should learn how to understand jokes.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Just because it's a joke doesn't mean you should do it

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Posting a serious response to something that's a joke is redundant and it shows you have no sense of humor. Example: "Knock Knock." "Who's there" "banana." "bananas can't knock on doors." Get it? Get it? Take the seriousness to the WEPR, it's where it should be, rather than being serious everywhere when it's not necessary. Makes you look like a buzzkill that can't understand jokes. What Turtel said was obviously a joke, it doesn't mean that if someone were to delete the thread I posted someone would do it. Suggestions: Read the definition of "joke", learn how to joke around, learn what are jokes and what things deserve serious responses.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

Trolling is also against the rules.

what? are you serious? all those times I got banned I thought it was just a misunderstanding.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Trolling is also against the rules.

what? are you serious? all those times I got banned I thought it was just a misunderstanding.[/quote]

From the forum rules:

No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I know what a joke is and I know how to joke around. But what I'm saying is that sometimes jokes are better left unsaid.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.

well, this is all coming off as such a shock. I have to rethink everything my entire life now.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I know what a joke is and I know how to joke around. But what I'm saying is that sometimes jokes are better left unsaid.

Read:
What Turtel said was obviously a joke, it doesn't mean that if someone were to delete the thread I posted someone would do it.

It's not like someone would post what Turtel said a page back if someone were to delete the thread, I would think people were "smart" enough not to post something like that.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I have to say The 'Rant' Thread. Watching people give problems but no solutions get annoying. Some of the topics on there have just bitten the dust before they were resolved.

They don't need any solutions. It's just a place to let off some steam.
Showing 1-15 of 25