ForumsThe Tavern[ans]Last Player on The Rank

26 2995
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi, everybody. Everyone here knows that the number one user of the site is firetail_madness. But what about the last one on the rank? Do anyone know who it is?

• 26 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan?

Nice. I will put that on my About :P

Hey! Maybe would do the trick look for Bob accounts and post on their comments:

"Your account is now classified as Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan. You are subject of iminent ban."

(I didn't said that I was going to do that, cuz I ain't no mod or admin. But surely a mod/admind could do that, right?)

Warriorfrombeyond
Warriorfrombeyond
231 posts
Nomad

People might just create an account so they can have something like a shellshock.they wont care about thier AP. not sure if someone said this but hey, im to lazy to read through.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Cenere, you ninja'd me.

Would be good if people labeled their Alt accounts correctly. Such as:

"YaddaYaddaSSL

About:

This account is a multiplayer alternate of the user YaddaYadda."

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Bob make a "Hi" forum (winning 1 AP)

Actually, creating a thread in the Newcomers Forum is worth 0 AP, just like any other post in that forum (or in Forum Games).

YaddaYadda*

* the user YaddaYadda is totally fictional on this case

I agree with the fictionality of YaddaYadda for that situation. However, there is actually an AG user called YaddaYadda who happens to be one of the 950,000ish so-called Bobs. Also, AP =/= Activity since it's possible to play games without gaining AP.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, it is an actual requirement. If we find alternate accounts which does not link back to the main account (likewise the main account should link to the alt), they are asked to correct this, or face a ban (often multiple bans due to abusing the alts for whatever reason they might have besides hating those alts and wanting them gone).

On the telling 0ap accounts of their new title (Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan), it would be both a waste of time as well as rather unprofessional to do that, since most of those accounts are left to die, and it would be nothing more than spam.
And all their messengers are closed, so we wouldn't be able to if we wanted. which we won't. Because we are professional and stuff.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I can't believe it! A Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan is really named YaddaYadda! Hooray! I'm a ninja!!

Also, AP =/= Activity since it's possible to play games without gaining AP.

Yeah, but if a dude create an account just for playing (even in games that doesn't require it), the site would be filled with Bobs (as it is now :P)! I vote for the denomination "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan" to unactive accounts. Even as a "ban warning sign" (as I mentioned before) to those with 0AP in a 4-yearold account. If you're going to create an alt account make sure to label it correctly to avoid it look like a Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan.

Actually, creating a thread in the Newcomers Forum is worth 0 AP, just like any other post in that forum (or in Forum Games)

Yeah... you got that one right... I can't believe that, with so many interesting, AP-giving forums, there are so many "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan"s
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Cenere, you ninja'd me, again...

Anyway, why all their messengers are closed?

And why the need of alt accounts to be linked isn't more explained to the users? I bet that at least 200.000 alt accounts are "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan"s because the lack of any signs of... eh... alternatism...

Anyway... I don't remember if it says in the rules... but, if it says, that means that several users don't read the rules before making their accounts.

And... eh... yeah... officialy (ie by mods and admins) labeling accounts as "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan" seems unprofessional, indeed... Informal labeling would do the trick (informal = by the users when repoting multiplayer cursing to the mods or admins, just like the example I posted earlier...)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

why all their messengers are closed?

Too prevent exploited spam from sneaky users.

And why the need of alt accounts to be linked isn't more explained to the users?

It should be...if users have read the rules about having alt accounts. They need to be declared, as in shown that it is their account. Best way to do that is to naturally link the alt to the main account. A good example is via my profile.

And... eh... yeah... officialy (ie by mods and admins) labeling accounts as "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan" seems unprofessional, indeed

I thought it was a fairly conspicuous joke >_<
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]And... eh... yeah... officialy (ie by mods and admins) labeling accounts as "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan" seems unprofessional, indeed

I thought it was a fairly conspicuous joke >_<[/quote]

Joke or not, it is unprofessional to label 0 AP accounts by such a title.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I thought it was a fairly conspicuous joke >_<

Eh... and it was... but I started to take it serious when I realized it may be useful... anyway... I don't know about the general community, but I will start to report any Multiplayer cursing I find made by 0AP accounts as "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan".

Anyone want to make part on my "Sir Bob McMickerton the first, Earl of Lowlistan" campaign to avoid multiplayer cursing?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

No one said we were?

Aside from this whole joke which brought the whole thread tumbling off-topic, the OP's question, as well as further questions about alts in general, have been answered.

Showing 16-26 of 26