ForumsThe TavernNeed help with my laptop

21 3092
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

My started shutting down randomly earlier today, and it says I should change my battery. What I need help with is what other kind of batteries can my laptop take? Here's my laptop. And here's what I got when I searched the battery on Amazon. I don't want to get the same battery for this laptop because it's a terrible battery.

If you let it shut down on its own, it drains the battery by a lot. I know that letting a laptop shut down on its own isn't good for the battery, however, whenever my laptop would shut down it was because I wasn't paying attention to the battery on the bottom right. I suppose it shutting down a few times for the past year has made the current battery terrible.

So I'm wondering if my laptop can take any other batteries. If so, will you show me a battery on Amazon that's below one hundred dollars and has a long battery life? That's what I'm looking for in a new battery. I don't have much money for batteries above one hundred dollars, and I'd like a battery that can last a while.

• 21 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Okay. My world is everyone's, so they'll enjoy it.

I was informed several days ago that a laptop can run without the battery, and I've read on the Internet that it can. My question is - will it affect performance? With the battery out of the laptop, will the computer run slowly? Also, I'm not too sure on how to leave my laptop without the battery. Do I just leave it plugged in all the time? Even when it's off? Or do I just plug it in right before I turn it on?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I was informed several days ago that a laptop can run without the battery, and I've read on the Internet that it can. My question is - will it affect performance? With the battery out of the laptop, will the computer run slowly? Also, I'm not too sure on how to leave my laptop without the battery. Do I just leave it plugged in all the time? Even when it's off? Or do I just plug it in right before I turn it on?

I have no idea on this subject, I have never heard of it.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Also, here's the battery health:
http://i.imgur.com/3Zr9v.png

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have no idea on this subject, I have never heard of it.

Well, my laptop had like 80% charge and just shut off randomly. Should I just leave it plugged in? I'm going to be getting a desktop soon, so I think I should. Then I'll just get a new battery when I have more money for it.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Isn't it a virus in Win32 I had it once and my pc shut up every 20 minutes.
My friend's pc once had a defect video card and when he plug in the Scanner.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't have a virus.

Showing 16-21 of 21