ForumsGames[Necro] Paying for premium content thats unjustly corrupt.

49 19233
randumbness
randumbness
58 posts
Nomad

I have only two games that have bonus content that you must pay for on armor games. You may think only 2 games with bonus content that you must pay for too get thats nothing to get worked up about. I created an account on armor games because i was under the impression that this site was incorruptible and wouldn't charge for anything on this site except merchandise.Im not worried about the 2 games ( castaway 2 and the last stand union city) having premium content its that Armor games is becoming like Mochi games. pretty soon a lot of games will have premium content you must pay for Which would completely contradict the idea of [quote] free online games

• 49 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

premium content is in a way tempting you to buy it basic psycology i mean your saying people have to be motivated or convinced 2 buy premiumcontent i mean think about this for a while

No it's not, it's just something so you have an advantage/extra things in a game. I've never wanted to purchase any kind of premium content in flash games.
Maybe if we all clicked on the ads whenever they popped up the creators of the game will get more money.
If the creators get more money, they might make premium free!

Doubt it, they get very little from ad revenue.
artysoul1
artysoul1
1 posts
Nomad

there are only a couple dozen games that have premium content. its not required that you buy it and most of the time its extra stuff that enhances the game. plus most of the time you can name you own price which means you only have to a penny! that's not bad if you ask me.

Guyguy21
Guyguy21
32 posts
Nomad

I actually haven't found a game where you can't name your own price.
And I bet that the amount you pay for premium is cheaper than a few days of broadband.

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry. But I know these are related but aren't we talking about premium content on AG? Or piracy and other internet laws?
It seems we are running off track here. So let's start over
It seems you are annoyed about premium content on games. Can you list some premium content games that actually demotes F2P gameplay? I have yet to see those.
Of course Shell Shock Live premium content can be a little bit upsetting of course. But we can all live
BTW if you think of reality, premium content, heck yet VIDEO GAMES from the store are a waste of money. There just virtual pixels that give you no existant reward besides getting better at video games which is a skill that isn't really helpful. But of course video games can be needed for people with anger / suicide issues.
Lol I'm such a hypocrite, I'm going off topic :P
The point is, people like to earn money for hard work. It's like a job. Building games, getting money off ads and premium content etc. Will help their lives. Why discourage that?
BTW I know I typed this before but just a reminder, can you list some games on here that really make F2P unfun due to the developers pretty much pushing you to buy the premium content like Adventure Quest (I hate that game. They push it so hard I'll never buy the guardian thing, but use a trainer program instead :P)

randumbness
randumbness
58 posts
Nomad

Check Ninja Kiwi and in some cases kongregate.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

premium content is in a way tempting you to buy it basic psycology i mean your saying people have to be motivated or convinced

Depends on how you define 'tempting'. In one sense, the developers tempt you to give them a few dollars with some awesome, in-game items. Or the in-game items tempt you to pay the price. See what I mean?

I also question where you learned psychology.

Check Ninja Kiwi and in some cases kongregate.

Yeah, but this is Armor Games. If you have a problem with *those* sites, it'd be best if you went to *those* sites and lodged a complaint at *that* site.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but this is Armor Games. If you have a problem with *those* sites, it'd be best if you went to *those* sites and lodged a complaint at *that* site.

/thread
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Obviously some people don't get it. Why on earth would a developer want to make a game for no profit? First people complain about having to pay, so ads are put in. Then people complain about the ads. Now people complain about having to pay for extra content, while the games themselves are free?

Quit being selfish and try being thankful for what you're getting

blakereeves
blakereeves
1 posts
Nomad

Honestly i'd rather buy t-shirts and stuff for flash games i like rather than in-game crap.

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

The only game which premium content isn't unjustly corrupt is Kingdom Rush. You can pay as much or as little that you want, and still get the premium content!

- You get 3 reinforcements instead of 2.

- You get a lightning bolt to use instead of just rain of fire.

Those are some of the cool things.

I think the dollar would be worth it.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

I never bought Premium Content ('cause I've got an issue with a certain expired credit card), but I think that Premium Content is okay. I'm fine if f2p games only give extra content that just enhances small things or unlocks a couple of gimzos here and there to make the game easier/better for cheap prices (like $1.00 or choose your price e.g. Exit Path 2 or Kingdom Rush), those are the games that come to AG. But games that allow less than 70% of a game without premium content is annoying, less than 50% is much disliked, and ones like Club Penguin just suck!

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Skylanders, the new Spyro game requires you to buy an action figure of the character before the character can be played in game.

There are 32 characters in game...Each toy is going to cost $8.00

that's $256 + the price of the game to play the whole thing.

THAT'S corruption

matth79
matth79
18 posts
Jester

If premium content unbalances a game to the point that free players are just cannonfodder to premiums, then it's no longer really a free game.

Of course, some games may be inherently unbalanced, if there's nothing to stop a level 100 bullying a level 1, then it makes little difference if the level 100 was played to or bought.

It's worse if the premium content gives a level 1 premium the power of a level 100, as then the imbalance is invisible until you get pwned

darkhaunter3
darkhaunter3
13 posts
Nomad

From premium games, they're not forcing you to buy them, so you can not just care for them, because the real game you're playing is at 99%
and the premium are just for extra.For Example:Raze 2, it's a credit
bundle,but you can earn them easily.It's just a speedup, to make you
feel like better than other players,and easily finish the campaign.
In The last stand: Union City,for the whistlers forest,its just an extra level, so you will not get bored.and the most premium games are just for the coolest games on armor games.

Darkfire50
Darkfire50
3 posts
Nomad

hey who knows maybe they'll make it FREE sooner or later like what happened to castaway 2.
but yeah i agree its a win-win situation MORE MONEY= MORE FUNDING= MORE NEW GAMES.
just think of it that way. (=

Showing 31-45 of 49