ForumsThe TavernNostalgia

15 3460
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What do you miss about the past? What are some of the older things in life you still enjoy, or appreciate more then newer versions of it? What parts of the older societies do you wish were still a part of today's culture?
Music, art, games, people, values, machines, jobs? What makes you nostalgic? Even for the things you were never alive to experience, but wish you had!

• 15 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Basically: TV. I loved the old SpongeBob episodes, but the new ones are pretty lame. I'm glad they brought back 90s Nick. I love past TV and music better than anything!

urstupid404
urstupid404
196 posts
Nomad

i think that the age group that is currently under the early to mid teen years will have very weird nostalgia

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I miss having more free time during the school year, and I miss being able to hang out with my cousins like I could a few years ago...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I miss the older cartoons I used to love watching on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney. I was thinking about them a lot earlier and even watched some of them on YouTube.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I loved the old SpongeBob episodes, but the new ones are pretty lame.

Agreed.
I'd have to say that the past had an edge in working. Back then (not that I know for myself, but from what I've heard), people used to know their bosses on a personal level. Also, benefits were better, hours were more flexible, rules tended to be less strict... It just stinks that by the time I start my career, I may be working basically non-stop.
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I used to enjoy Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon so much. I don't even watch Nickelodeon anymore. I still watch Cartoon Network though and it has very little decent shows now. But what I've really noticed that changed about Cartoon Network (Not counting the logo and stuff like that) is that a lot of the new shows are rated PG. I don't believe that there was any shows rated PG back in the good Cartoon Network days (Well, Sunday Pants probably was).

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I miss gas being 90 cents a gallon.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Playing my NES everyday. The end of the cord that goes into the back of the TV broke.

Thank god for the Wii and it's Virtual store.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

The lowest I remember gas being was like 2 bucks, I think, it was about 12 years ago or so, but I'm sick of gas being so expensive. I got my license two weeks ago and I usually go out joy riding when I'm bored, and it basically costs money to do even that.

I miss when rock bands didn't sound so mainstream...
purplechickens
purplechickens
1 posts
Nomad

I miss all those old Disney movies like the Lion King.. It was so beautiful back then.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I remember when auto-tune wasn't around and people needed to practice to sound good and be famous.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

once upon a time there was a man who was "of the saints". he was a boy of good intentions but being 16 made mistakes as most do. he took up a day job at the local swimming well so he could make some currency over the hot weather. when he went to the meeting of the guards before the swimming season started, he met a few of his coworkers. the others aren't really important but the one that is he would soon to remember for the rest of his days and haunt his dreams for the rest of his nights.

the person was a fair maiden named McGowan. strange name for a Filipino girl aye? she was a very lovely girl who he had seen around the school often but never talked to. he said hi and made acquaintanceship with the young lady, and naturally with her being as gorgeous as she was, got a bit of contact information from her. He messaged her occasionally and she messaged back for mere conversation.

over time of working together they began to slowly grow fond of each other, and one evening he even managed to gain a small peck of a kiss. she unfortunately found a boy friend and the boy couldn't pursue her any further. one day however, as they were laying at a near by hill watching the sunset, they did meet in romantic embrace.

as the hot days went by however they drew further and further apart. one day however, the boy remembered that he had let the maiden borrow a few of his hats. naturally of course he wanted them back and began to talk to her at the school again. he got the hats back and the boy started to realize how special he was to her and how much he missed her. unfortunately for him, he wasnt the only male in the village who wished to have this young maiden.

as time progressed him and the girl drew closer and closer together, and one day the boy finally asked a proposition of lovers. she declined due to the fact that she didnt know what/who she wanted, even to everyone else it seemed as though he was the only one she talked to and considered. after a large amount of time of only dating with each other, the boy asked if they were ever going to get serious. she said that she was actually about to get serious with another guy. the boy fell into anger and heart break. he told her everything that was on his mind and that was his downfall. she became upset with him and about the argument and moved on to other men as he was left alone.

now as the lady moves on to a higher school of learning, he is still in regret of the one that got away from the one who was of the saints.

TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

Im gunna have to say today was pretty nostalgic, I saw Cowboys and Aliens and it reminded me of Alien vs Predator and star wars because Harrison Ford starred in it. Also the latest James Bond played the main character, that was pretty cool.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I miss cartoons actually being good.......
The stuff coming from Japan is still great, but I mean the American shows have gone to ****.....

I miss all those old Disney movies like the Lion King.. It was so beautiful back then.

Ditto. I have a video (as in VHS tape. I know, right?) of that and I think I might just watch it tomorrow.

Frank..... how old are you? The lowest I can remember is about $1.16-$1.20.
Showing 1-14 of 15