ForumsPopular MediaWarped Tour 2011

20 4208
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Well as this summers warped tour is slowly starting to wrap up, i thought id make a thread to discuss some of the awesome bands that were at the festival this year.

what were some of your favorites? who did you want to see but missed for some reason? did you go to any signings?

for me, Big D and the Kids Table was the best band i have EVER seen at warped tour, and this is my 5th warped tour. so ive seen everyone practically, paramore, anti flag, bouncing souls, bad religion, reel big fish, ive seen them all and big d KILLED it. i also got to meet them and have some good discussions with them, got a signed poster and a T-shirt from them as well.

i also got to meet middle class rut, got a t-shirt from them, and another signed poster.

one of the acts that i hadnt ever heard of before that really stood out to me was MC Lars and Weerd Science. those guys were awesome. the best way to describe them? nerd-core XD

• 20 Replies
TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
80 posts
Nomad

I didn't get to go but I heard Attack Attack! Went to the one in Maryland

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I didn't go. But I wanted to hear how Winds of Plague sounded live. I think we talked about their latest album a while ago, delossantos, in which I was being stupid and was set on 3 songs determining how the rest of the album sounded. But since then, I've grown to really like about 5 songs on the album, one of them being one of my top 3 favorite songs by the band, in general.

Did you happen to see them perform on the tour or did they perform at a different concert?

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

I didn't get to go but I heard Attack Attack! Went to the one in Maryland

they went to most of them, i happened to go see them, they played a good show but all the stupid hardcore dancers ruined the crowd

Did you happen to see them perform on the tour or did they perform at a different concert?

i went to more of the punk shows then the hardcore shows, mostly punk and ska. attack attack was the only one i went to and that was because nothing else was playing.

the artists i saw were this:
mojo morgan
attack attack
mc lars and weird science
big chocolate
less than jake
big d and the kids table
go radio
the expendables
middle class rut
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

I went to Mayhem. Couldn't miss out on Machine Head, Trivium, Unearth, In Flames, Megadeth, Godsmack, and Disturbed, and others. But I heard that Warped was pretty sick. It seems more appealing to punky hipster kids, and I'm more of a real metalhead.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Disturbed with Megadeth and In Flames? That's incredibly different.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

It seems more appealing to punky hipster kids, and I'm more of a real metalhead.

eh. it used to appeal to the punky ska people, but over the last 5-6 years its turned into more of a crowd for scene/emo kids with all their crappy brokencyde, blood on the dance floor, black veil brides, and asking alexendria. the majority of the lineup now is metalcore bands
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Only good Metalcore band I can think of is Chimaira, and I don't even think they've gone on Warped Tour at all. They seem like a more serious band that wouldn't go on something called 'Warped Tour'.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

I went and the only bands I really liked were Larry and His Flask 3 oh 3 and A Day to Remember.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

Disturbed with Megadeth and In Flames? That's incredibly different.

Yeah, there was some hard rock (the two headliners, Godsmack and Disturbed of course), and then thrashy/heavy stuff like Machine Head and Megadeth, and Trivium (thrashy is my favorite), and then some stuff was just plain scary (There was a band with a female singer and she did all the screams and growls, and honestly I've never been scared more in my life. She was sooooooo nice though. Also, Suicide Silence scares the crap out of me). The lead singer of Hatebreed was there for a side project. Met him too, he's a chill dude. I love music fests so much now lol. I wanna go to the 3 main ones next year (Warped, Mayhem, Uproar) just because I love the idea of a bunch of bands playing rather than seeing just one or two.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Only good Metalcore band I can think of is Chimaira, and I don't even think they've gone on Warped Tour at all. They seem like a more serious band that wouldn't go on something called 'Warped Tour'.

warped tour used to be a really hardcore punk/ska tour in the 90's. i dont know how it changed. but ya bands like a day to remember, of mice and men, the word alive, and eyes set to kill were there.

I went and the only bands I really liked were Larry and His Flask 3 oh 3 and A Day to Remember.

3oh!3 comes to colorado so much as it is they didnt come to us on the warped tour. i did see larry and his flask for there last 2 songs and they were really really good.
pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

It was really hot the day it came to where I am, like 5 people were carried of on stretches cause of heatstroke.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

where was the warped tour you were at if you dont mind me asking? ya mine in denver was around 100 degrees, then with the extra crowd heat, made it even worse

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

It was in Camden, NJ, I didn't even go, people told me it was so hot. It made news that so many people were carried out because of the heat, they even had hoses and water going everywhere. The tour interested me but there weren't enough bands for me that I liked.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Warped Tour is gay as ****. There are way too many poser bands.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Warped Tour is gay as ****. There are way too many poser bands.

what do you define as a &quotoser band" and what are some examples
Showing 1-15 of 20