ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29780
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Zyba
You enter a room. The room seems pretty normal, the only thing you noticed is that at the center a huge pit is dividing the two sides of the room. (Down the pits there are spikes). On the other side of the room you see a treasure chest. What now?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sadowassassian113
The translator turns around and tells the "leader":
"keorint feinrghm einreowern inrg"
The leader, not saying anything at first, but not being particularly chocked or under motion begins to say, in a slow but calm and steady voice:
"iutoernei niefnlt jnbmvmnnefhg, einwoqndmg, eingronekfnc eurgno auw jnfe jenflscnkef e ejnfwjdf jcnske ur eunfakdj eqer neunfms nckmri nlpoirenzx ainfklwknr."
The translator turns once again to you and says:
"The king understands what you did. And forgives you. But he does want to know why you are here. After all, you don't look like someone that lives here."
While he was delivering his speech, you notice that the 3rd alien looks at you in a hateful stare.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
The boy has nothing but the clothes on his back. You walk off to the next room following the map. The next room is a big hall with four doors. One says "Elvish residence and territory", the other says "Dwarfish fortress", the next one says "Mage unity and HQ", the last one says nothing and is probably an other exit leading somewhere else. You also notice a small pathway that could actually bring you to the room right before the destination. And finally you notice a living skeleton, fancied dressed, looking at you.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Health:53/80
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Endurance:5
-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 3
-Agility:4

Attacks:
Energy bolt-(Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times).
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1Gun x1 bullet x5
gold 50
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant
trapper

"I came to explore the rest of this dungeon i am sorry to intrude.I would like to ask for some suplies if i may. Than i will be on my way." I say politely

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:76/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:7
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill, 228 gold, Punching Gloves, 2x Health Potion
Side Quests:
Pirates, outlaws and death
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life
Outlaws can relax
Elvish residence and territory
Dwarfish fortress
Mage unity and HQ

I head to the pathway but stay alert in case the skeleton attacks.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 84
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
Skills:
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3
Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch
Inventory:
0 gold
0X back-from-the-grave pill
-Dusty old helmet (+4hp)
Side Quests:
None
Map:
Golden Chance

I look around to see if there is anyway I could go around the pit.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Zyba
You find a rope that in your opinion looks pretty solid and is pretty long. You could use that rope to go over the pit, but that's your choice.
@Sadowassassian113
The king was about to answer you but the 3rd alien cuts him off and says:
"KEinGRNJEGIEFNOGRAGEeignr ienfmnuwne!"
The king looks at the 3rd alien and says:
"UEngrusnf ejng efnjas"
The translating alien hesitates and tells you:
"Huetir (3rd alien) has challenged you to a death battle because he does not like you. You shouldn't back out because it is a tradition in our culture and if you do our king will be mad. On the other hand if you are successful we will treat you like our kin and you will get whatever you want."
You see on the side a door which says, on the door, a word that says treasury. Who knows, maybe if you win you could get some coins. But nothing stops you from trying to flee.
What now?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
The skeleton, noticing you carefully walking to the pathway, says:
"You don't have to be scared, I don't bite. Let's talk."
Ignore and continue or talk to the skeleton?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Sunday will be for sure an update day. I will also find an other day of the week, but I'm still deciding which one.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 84
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
Skills:
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3
Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch
Inventory:
0 gold
0X back-from-the-grave pill
-Dusty old helmet (+4hp)
Side Quests:
None
Map:
Golden Chance

I go ahead, with the top of lungs, give out a Tarzan call as I swing on the rope to the treasure chest...

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life
Outlaws can relax
Dwarfish fortress
Mage unity and HQ

I will talk with the skeleton.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Health:53/80
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 3
-Agility:4

Attacks:
Energy bolt-(Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times).
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1Gun x1 bullet x5
gold 50
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant
trapper

I think upon the request then reply "altho i see it unfair to be challanged upon the fact he only dislikes me i acept your chalange but request a day to recover from my prevouis affars."

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Zyba
You swing....and it holds! You managed to get to the other side. The treasure is just a couple of feet away from you. What now?
@Sadowassassian113
The translator gives a ear piece for you to wear. "Now you can understand what we say." Said the king.
"I am the king of hubertville, a great planet. I have found interest in this dungeon and i decided to go there personally. Yes, you may rest and stay here for a day." He snaps his fingers and a door appears out of thin air. After a small inspection you notice that the door leads no where and is literally floating a feet above ground.
"inside that door there is a room where you can rest. Let's also have a feast later tonight." He says, in a happy tone.
During the stay at the aliens you will have to skip two turns.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
You greet the skeleton and immediately the skeleton starts to talk.
"I am very bored. You see I've been standing waiting for something to happen, for centuries now. How about you, why are you here?"

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Um hopefully alien food is ok...

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
7 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life
Outlaws can relax
Dwarfish fortress
Mage unity and HQ

I just joined the bandits.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
it is good. nom nom nom. You eat and party with the aliens. Over all you have a good time.
@StormDragon
"I doubt that's the reason why you came here. I hardly see anyone risking their lives just to join some low life organization. They stole my hand! Anyways, if you would be so kind and find it, I'll make sure that you get rewarded. And when I say reward, I mean an incredible reward. The hand is probably in their base."

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
7 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life
Outlaws can relax
Dwarfish fortress
Mage unity and HQ

"I'll see what I can do but I'm not betraying the bandits." I say and then head to the bandit base.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
After the party all the aliens went to bed and you also plan to go to sleep. But just before you slipped into your dreams, you thought about escaping, who know? All the aliens are asleep and maybe you could sneak pass them. Will you try to escape?
@StormDragon
You pass through the pathway and after a some time walking you get to a hall. You look on one side and you see a heavily locked door, probably the bandits camp door. And you look on the other side and you see rotten wooden door. Which side do you choose?

Showing 151-165 of 188