ForumsThe TavernWhich internet browsers do you consider as the three best?

31 3832
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi. This thread is almost a poll.

For you, what are the three best Internet Browsers?

I may recall you that this is almost a poll. To follow the community's "7 or more words" rule, please post the reason why do you think that the said browser is the best.

Mine are:

1st: Opera: faster, beautiful and it solved WASD/Arrow Keys problem for me.
2nd: Google Chrome: Fast but a little laggy and it has the infamous problem mentioned above.
3rd: Internet Explorer 8: The worst of all browsers I've ever tried (these three). Slow, ugly and very laggy.

• 31 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I. Firefox.
II. Chrome.
III. Opera.

Firefox simply because it's very secure, fast, and you can customize a whole bunch of things on it. Chrome because it's fast. And Opera because it's great for flash games.

According to this, IE is third. I don't see how, it's most vulnerable to viruses.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I only know 3 browsers. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. I would say they are all the same but I use IE because I'm not having any problems and it's the default one anyways. I also think that the performance of each browser is based on your anti-virus, anti-spyware and connectivity.

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

1. Chrome

So many extensions, apps and themes it has so much user freedom and it works the best with a Google account. I had my account ever since I said goodbye to hotmail, plus it has flash built in and soon 3d plugin whose-name-slips-my-mind. Fast and functional.

2. Opera

Super fast, but it lacks the apps and plugins as chrome. With so much raw speed its simply amazing.

3. Firefox

Opensource, with themes and extensions galore and fast as well. Its my third because I prefer Chrome - Chrome speed is faster but I'm happy with Firefox.

I simply hate IE, the start up time takes forever alone - forget about loading web.

I only know 3 browsers. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. I would say they are all the same but I use IE because I'm not having any problems and it's the default one anyways. I also think that the performance of each browser is based on your anti-virus, anti-spyware and connectivity.

What you are describing are general internet speed and computer speed, each browser is different at calculating data. Try Opera and see for yourself, its by far the fastest browser you can get in term of calculations. I even did a control test at my school computers, 5 computers moderately fast connection. Opera out bested IE 5/5 times.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've only used three browsers before...

Google Chrome & Firefox trump IE any day.
I've tried using both google chrome and firefox and I have to say that I prefer firefox, I'm more used to the layout and loading seems quicker for me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Has anyone tried Aurora? It's basically Firefox 7, but with a new name. It's very fast, however, it lacks a few add-ons. That's understandable, though, since it's in beta.

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

1.Firefox , it is just perfect in nearly every way, very fast , secure, and etc.
2. Chrome is good but when you play flash games it doesn't work for some weird reason like chibi knight, otherwise its the 2nd best.
3.Opera, its pretty fast, and has stuff but not quite as good as chrome

naruto71012
naruto71012
44 posts
Shepherd

1 Firefox:i love how you can get add-ons and customize many things
2 slow.
3 hate it its slow and ugly

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

IE just isn't in league with Firefox or chrome, a long time ago when I first used Firefox I saw that it just makes IE look bad , so I mainly use Firefox on my laptops, and chrome on my desktop

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The holy trinity of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. The best three browsers I have ever used.

Firefox for utility, Chrome for simplicity and Opera for something-ity.

calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

I prefer:

chrome
It's very handy in multiple ways but I'm to lazy to explain them all and it's sufficient in speed.

Firefox
I use it often with very few problems so it's a good online engine.

I don't really know because I've used Opera VeryFew times compared to safari which I use all the time (same as firefox) on my Apple desktop.

But I'm contempt really when it runs smooth and I can enjoy whatever I'm doing on the web. (ex. Playing on AG)

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I have only used Firefox,Google chrome,and internet explorer but that is the order I like them.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

1) Chrome
2) Firefox
3) Opera

Chrome is fast, stable, and very well organized. It blocks pop-ups perfectly, and knows when you want a script to run. On certain browsers, I have to enable scripted windows each time I want to comment on Armor Games. Google Chrome seems to know what I don't need asked about, and what I do.

Firefox is pretty fast and stable, but is second to Chrome.

Opera I've used very little, but from what I've seen it's decent.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

1.Firefox (No need to explain )
2.Opera (from what I've seen on the Wii)
3.Chrome (faster than fast stuff)

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

#1 Opera
#2 Firefox
#3 Chrome
#4 Internet Explorer
#5 Safari (horrid)

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I've only actually used three, so I'll just list those.
1. Chrome
2. Firefox
3. Explorer

Showing 1-15 of 31