ForumsThe TavernFunny accents

29 4835
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Post all of the funny accents you have heard here. I have heard some new yorkers pronounce ball like bull except in a lower tone. I know it's normal for them but it sounds funny. I've also heard some people pronounce the word tunes like choons, it just sounds funny.

• 29 Replies
calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

The English accent is very fun to imitate but I think it annoys the
English. Like doing a wester and Australian accent while saying words like Ozzie and outback. It also helps if your on vacation somewhere and you do the local accent to see if people think your from there or not and their reaction.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I love doing stereotypical impersonations. I'm rather good at the Indian shopkeep, Scottish drunk, German Doctor, and a Russian college student.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

two people I know that have awesome accents are an African/British guy, and one of my friends from France. French accents were made to be made fun of.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

I think that accents are cool. From where I'm from, I don't have an accent. I really like how all of the different ones sound. I won't say which I think is the funniest, because I can't think of one of the top of my head and I don't want to be mean.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i like german accents. it sounds so cool! but funny accents would be chinese and and just how people pronounce things in general. my 8th grade science teacher says bag but pronounced it like vague but with a b.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I used to think that Canadian people saying "Eh" all the time was a stereotype (for the most part it is), but when I went to Canada a few years ago, all this one family at a museum was saying was "Get a load of that dinosaur, eh? ...Mighty big T-Rex, Eh? What ab-oh-t that exhibit, eh?"

ClockworkAmelia
ClockworkAmelia
54 posts
Farmer

I love it when stereotypes like that come true. The ONE TIME that I set foot in Minnesota, the one person that I briefly talked to said to me, "Ya, sure, yabetcha." It took everything I had not to burst out laughing on the spot. The accents in that area of the country are hilarious. Especially after watching Fargo. :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I like the South African accent.

Being a New Zealander, everyone here is supposed to sound like "fush un chups". For some reason, I'm still mistaken as being an American.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I enjoy people from the southern part of America, trying to mimic a New York accent, and people from New York trying to mimic another part of New York's accent.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Wales accent i found funny sounds like the stereotypical poor medieval British peasant

can't say th...

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

british accents are fricken hilarious to me. and mine is pretty good too

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

I think english is the funniest accent.

-Legend

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Which type of British/English accent?
Cockney (ello gov-nah. Wots a bloke loike you doin roun 'ere a' dis ower?)
Or proper (The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain. [Inserts another snooty comment])?

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN ENGLISH ACCENT!

It's like me saying that an American accent is the funniest one - there are a lot of different accents that are 'English' just like there are a lot that are 'American'.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

This ought to clear up what Avorne is trying to get across.

The variation in England alone is quite broad.

The best I can pull off is an English accent.

RP?
Showing 1-15 of 29