ForumsThe TavernWhat was the worst disease you ever had?

21 2901
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hi folks. Well, the title says it all:

What was the worst disease you ever had? WHY?

The answer must be 7 or more words long (according to the AG Rules), so state why that disease was the worst.

The worst disease I've ever had was sinusitis: a general headache bugged me. The pain was all over my head and was very strong. I could barely stand up.

• 21 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I've never had a "disease", but once I had this really bad virus for about 3 days. I didn't eat anything for a day. So whenever I stood up, I was ridiculously dizzy. My stomach was always aching, I had a monster headache whenever someone talked, and I get shivering and shivering even under 5 blankets. It was worse than pneumonia, which is pretty bad. I don't believe it had a name, but it was the worst experienced 3 days ever.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Does strep throat count? It's when the back of your throat feels like it's got glass in it and you're constantly coughing. I had it for about 2 weeks.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I had it for about 2 weeks.

2 weeks? Wow. The longest I've had it was 4 days.
Oh, in case any of you do have strep, try to drink some milk. It soothes it very much.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

By disease I mean anything that maked you feel sick. (The worst sickness you ever had)

I have had something strange, a series of sinus infections that has been plaguing me for a few years. I have no idea what it is or what would have caused it. I haven't gotten sick for a while from it, but my ears still ring annoyingly sometimes.

Sinus infections? That's basically sinusitis. Have you ever made a X-Ray of those sinus?

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

sorry for DP: Messed up

I have had something strange, a series of sinus infections that has been plaguing me for a few years. I have no idea what it is or what would have caused it. I haven't gotten sick for a while from it, but my ears still ring annoyingly sometimes.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

2 weeks? Wow. The longest I've had it was 4 days.

Yeah I was surprised how long it lasted too. The worst part is I had it over...spring break! *Dramatic Music*

Oh, in case any of you do have strep, try to drink some milk. It soothes it very much.

That's the thing. It's impossible to eat or drink anything without it feeling like i'm eating knives (I actually didn't eat anything for 3 days). I'm just glad it's over.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Usually I don't get anything worse than a terrible cold: stuffy nose, lots of coughing, sore throat, headache, chills, occasional puking, etc. The only good thing that comes from it is extreme perception. I can hear a fruit fly hit a window when I'm that ill.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I got the flu once and had to be out of school for a week and a half. It was painful. I had to sit on the couch with a blanket and do nothing but cough, watch tv, and play video games. I would play video games all day any way but not having the option to do anything was painful

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

The worst disease I've ever had, and still have is asthma. I have it now and will probably have it as long as i live. It also makes colds worse and i hate it with a passion. But i've learnt to deal with it.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Well, I haven't had anything bad, really. I've had a fever for a few days.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I tend to be generally health. I have astigmatism, and had to have eye surgery when I was a baby (like literally days after I was born). I also had tubes in my ears (not as bad).

Two years ago, I had something that made me have "spells" of coughing that lasted up to ten seconds or so. The coughs would get pretty bad at times, especially at first. I contracted it in February, and didn't rid the remnants of it until May... I think it may have been Pertussis, but I didn't ever make the signature "whooping" sound... It was odd.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

When I was a baby I had jaundice, when I was a toddler I had strep throat, when I got the swine flu I also contracted Pneumonia, and a few months ago I had appendicitis :P
I'm the definition of health lol

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I have a really bad case of asthma. Other than that when I was like 5 I had colds like everyday. So sad!

173 posts
Nomad

I had influenza with 41°Celsius/106°F and really felt bad. Sorry if the Fahrenheit-number is wrong, I just googled "41° Celsius"

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Well, this isn't a "disease," but my body was definitely NOT "at ease."

I get poison ivy all the time, extremely severe! (In fact, I have it now!) I get it all over my body, around my eyes, between my fingers, legs, arms, chest, back, neck, EVERYWHERE! It usually ends up with me going and getting a cortisone shot.

Showing 1-15 of 21