ForumsGamesEmulating Games - Need help starting

7 1875
KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

Title says it all, I mostly want to play some Gameboy Advance games but I honestly don't have a clue about Emulators and how to use them with games, anyone have any good guide to get started?

• 7 Replies
MasterAwsuko
MasterAwsuko
74 posts
Nomad

I don't know much either, but I think you can just download emulators off the web. Visual Boy Advance is a recommended emulator for GBA games.

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

I don't know much either, but I think you can just download emulators off the web. Visual Boy Advance is a recommended emulator for GBA games.

Okay I checked it out, but haven't installed it. I really want to know how do I play my games on it, do I need some special hardware to put my chip in? Or is it downloadable off the net?
destroyerkevin
destroyerkevin
506 posts
Nomad

I have some experience with emulating older consoles and hand helds, mind you I am no expert or developer, I simply used emulators.
But I might be able to help you.
Now for gameboy advance emulation I only used visual boy advance

Which you only need to download and then use a program like winrar to unzip it to a location you prefer after that you can open its program to which you might want to make a shortcut.
Now to play games I am sure there are devices the you can use to link your gba cartridge to your pc but I don't know if its easy to get one and honestly I doubt it.
But you can also download games of the internet however its legality is questionable.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

you should stop posting in this thread. if im not wrong its against the rules to do that.

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

But you can also download games of the internet however its legality is questionable.

That`s all I need, the last question is where? The legality of the games I want to play follows by the rules of if you legally bought the game before its okay for you to emulate it.

you should stop posting in this thread. if im not wrong its against the rules to do that.

To do what? Emulate games? Emulating games is perfectly legal if you bought the game legally before, I honestly doubt that anyone sells the GBA version of Fire Emblem for an affordable price.
destroyerkevin
destroyerkevin
506 posts
Nomad

That`s all I need, the last question is where? The legality of the games I want to play follows by the rules of if you legally bought the game before its okay for you to emulate it.

Sorry I already said to much emulating itself is much of a grey matter between the lines of legal and illegal
And thebluerabbit is right that discussing things like this on these forums is not allowed

All I can say now is browse the internet if you are still interested
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The discussion of emulation is in a grey area. We wish to avoid the encouragement of downloading games illegally and therefore I will be locking this thread.

VisualBoyAdvance, a GBA emulator, is often used to play games (or ROMs). It's legal to own a copy of software that you own, but it's illegal to redistribute it. Therefore, we can not tell you where to download ROMs.

Further discussion should be had off of the website.

Showing 1-7 of 7