ForumsGamesMaster's Minecraft Redstone Creations

57 27616
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Over the last week or so, I've constructed an (almost) fully operational 3-bit calculator in Minecraft. It can currently add, subtract, and multiply, and, when i get around to making it, divide.

I've decided to mark up a cartograph for you guys to help you understand it.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3339/calculatorcartograph.jpg

(if that's to big, go here)

1: This is where you and the console are, reading the instructions is suggested. This is the only place you need to be.

2: This is the seven segment hexadecimal display. Unfortunately, it only works for addition and subtraction, it has no support for multiplication, you will have to use the binary display for that.

3: An older version of the display. It works faster then the other one because it closer to the circuits, but it's no where near the console.

4: This is the binary to hexadecimal converter. It takes the binary answers and makes them usable for the hexadecimal display.

5: The addition station. Adds your numbers together.

6: The subtraction station. Subtracts your numbers.

7: The multiplication station. Multiplies your numbers.

8: A more powerful calculator i built that only does addition and only displays it in binary. You can check it out if you want, i used a fly mod to get there.

Download link

Just download, unzip, and place in your saves folder.

Problem solutions

1: If it doesn't work at all when you first open it, flip all the switches on then off. The redstone sometimes glitches up with MCedit and this usually fixes it.

2: Read the instructions in the map, you may be operating it wrong.

3: The seven segment display is hexadecimal, so when it comes up as A, B, C, D, E, or F, it's not a glitch.

Any problems, glitches, ect, just ask me. And for the third time this post, read the instructions in the map.

• 57 Replies
LeftyG
LeftyG
58 posts
Nomad

Is that the painterly pack by rhydox???

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Is that the painterly pack by rhydox???

It's a heavily modified version of the pack that the server i play on made.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Update

Due to a very stupid mistake, the machine was considerable slower. I've fixed it now so that it will give you both numbers in approximately 7 tics (about 1 second) instead of a random amount of time ranging from 1 second to forever. It also only operates on 2 clocks instead of 4. If anyone actually wants the updated version, tell me and i'll upload it.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Master... you put a mod so you could fly?? Is that what that picture say?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Master... you put a mod so you could fly?? Is that what that picture say?

Yes, why is that hard to believe?
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I have something new for you everyone

http://i.imgur.com/ghxEX.png

It's an Iron door with a lever
You just flip the lever, and the door opens. There's also a second lever, it doesn't do anything, but it makes my eyes happy.

Though in serious news, I do have something really awesome and big that should be finished in the next few days.

fluffypanda1347
fluffypanda1347
19 posts
Nomad

first i dont get it and why do you need a calculator in minecraft have fun and just explore.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Building things is part of having fun, FluffyPanda, even if it's a working calculator. This is in itself an achievement of its own, since it probably takes several hundred redstone and just as many tries to work 100% correct.

Looks like he's creating more things. I'll rename it to be more general

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

first i dont get it and why do you need a calculator in minecraft have fun and just explore.

Why do you need to leave useless posts on my thread?

And now for my latest invention

Programmable alarm clock

http://i.imgur.com/1IstP.png

Took me about 2 days to make. Reading the time is the same as any other clock, the dot on the left indicates AM and PM. To change the time, hit the buttons to the right of where you start. The minute button adds a minute to the time, the hour adds an hour to the time.

The alarm part of the clock isn't done yet. It's not that i can't figure it out, it's that it would require an insane amount of grunt work to finish, so unless i can get SPC and world edit to work on my mac, it's not happening.

Download the map

How it works:

I came up with an array of memory cells (RS NOR latch) that get activated progressively, i.e. the first pulse changes the first cell, the next pulse changes the second cell, next pulse third cell, ect. After it reaches the finaly cell, it resets all the cells. Each pulse is 10 seconds apart. Each memory cell represents a different time. The first set of cells represent numbers 0-9 for the 4th number (00:0X). Next set represent 0-5 for the third number (00:X0). The last set are numbers 1-12 for the remaining numbers (XX:00). The AM and PM is handled by a T flip flop that is activated by the clock turning 12.

http://i.imgur.com/lvj3C.jpg
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I forgot to mention, this isn't nearly the best way to build a clock (may be among the worst), but I came up with it completely on my own, and it allowed for the alarm system.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I am simply blown away by you're determination and lack of better things to do. Congratulations for all your hard work!

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

lack of better things to do

Foreveralone.jpg

Congratulations for all your hard work!

Tank you
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

So now that i have a PC, i decided to make videos of each of these creations. This one is of the 3-bit calculator on the first page.

VIDEO

I probably should have explained everything going on, but I'm to lazy.

Also, next time, i shouldn't use the dynamic lighting mod while i'm recording my screen. It looks okay, but not perfect.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Oh, another thing. The ridiculous amount of motion blur is also due to the dynamic lighting mod.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I made a better version of the video. Clearer, looks better, explanations, ect.

Showing 31-45 of 57