ForumsThe TavernWhy...

9 1903
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

If you have already started school then dont mind this thread.

Is anyone like me and about to start school? IM going to start on tuesday and i think i was suppoed to go to something on friday to meet my homeroom teacher and get my schedual buuut uh...yeah i asked my friend and he didnt know jack so i cant do anything. Does anybody have this same problem? Where they are aboutto start school and forgot to do something?

And just to add a bit, i've alsogot insomnia on my mind

• 9 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well i finished school but i think i know what you mean. anyway, our system isnt great and we used to get different schedules every week until they finally made up their mind in the middle of the year. i can only say that you should call one of your teachers and ask or just bring everything to the first day or of course ask another friend

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Haha yea i know that too. At our school they just screw it up:P We've got our schedule on the internet, but in it it says:

5 september 2011
Class a6y is supposed to pick up their books on 6 september.

So i don't know which date it is:P Very weird.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I'm starting school. I think I forgot 90% of everything I learned in english and math. Biology I wish I forgot, and there's no problem with social studies. I'm just worried about it. I'm starting a new school and I think they r a grade ahead of me in math but a year behind me in ss. And the school is likes giant maze. Idk how I'm gonna survive

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I think I forgot 90% of everything I learned in english and math.

lol same here. My schedule is also missing an hour so I'll need to get that fixed. I've got a week before school starts.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I forgot to go to orientation my first year in college, so i just went down the net day and said "Whoops, my bad." and registered then.
We only had to do that our first year and then we get out schedule online, but they implemented like a late registration fee where if we don't sign online and register by a certain date we get hit with a $100 fine.

High school or college?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

There were some posts I had to do about a book I put off reading and there was a deadline for them (which I was unaware of) that I found out about after it had expired. Lucky for me, though, my English teacher seems pretty cool and said she would let me make up those points.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

My teachers have a habit of not notifying us, when they change the time or place for classes. Well, they do notify us, but usually during class, and when you have that teacher one or two times a week, it gets frustrating and easy to forget.
The problem that most of class isn't there regularly also becomes worse, if they aren't aware of classes being changed.

And then there was the time when I missed the deadline for turning in a paper. So of course that didn't get graded...

But most is done over intranet these days, which makes it pretty easy to at least look up.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I am about to start school agian next week and I have no idea what time to come in at. I'm just waiting for an email to pop in to tell me what time I'm supposed to arive.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

My teachers notify me on all homework and projects......over the web. No discuss-y in class-y. We must have the full one-hour-and-thirty-minute lectures! So yeah, if you're in my classes, you cannot forget to log into your mail or have a freak storm.

Showing 1-9 of 9