ForumsThe TavernDo you think there's more popular threads?

18 2620
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I see that there's two threads I visit more than any other, and thats tavern and Politics. Do you think that there is more popular threads from people only going onto certain ones?

• 18 Replies
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

I don't think so, it seems like Taverns is the most popular thread followed by Flash Games or New and Politics

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Tavern is first and then maybe forum games

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I usally visit the tavern and WEPR too. I think theyKre pretty popular. Along with forum games. I think they have the most posts. But yeah some places like the support and suggestions arn't as popular. But that's fine too. I guess most people just have their perfrences when it comes to threads.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

My guess is forum games, non ag games discusion, walkthroughs, tavern, suggestions, wepr

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Tavern is totally the most used. Lately, I've been avoiding the forums, because it's just stupid now.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I can't crunch the numbers right now, but the Tavern is either the most or second most posted-in forum.

I see that there's two threads I visit more than any other, and thats tavern and Politics. Do you think that there is more popular threads from people only going onto certain ones?

Why the hell can't people seem to differentiate between forums, a forum, threads and posts?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Community "Armor Games" => Board "The Courtyard" => Forum "The Tavern" => Thread "Do You Think There's More Popular Threads?"

Based on preferences, some forums may have more activity than others. When new, popular games are out, Video Game activity rises. Tavern has the handicap of being able to create a thread of anything that strikes your fancy, though there are restrictions on that. Still, General Discussion can go a long way and has a vast amount of lots to discuss about.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The Tavern and Forum Games are most active. But for me, I prefer Video Games, Flash Games, and Forum Games. Just the whole Gaming area is where I'm at.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Why the hell can't people seem to differentiate between forums, a forum, threads and posts?

Sorry I never know what to call the forums catagories.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It depends on what your perspective of popularity is. A simple case of threads vs posts in the group of forums and subforums.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/Shonaf08/fprums2.png

In the overall forums, gaming is the most popular with the most topics and the most posts. The courtyard is the obvious second, followed by armor games and then the forge.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/Shonaf08/subforms.png

Depicting popularity within the subforms gets more complicated.

In order of topics the running order is the tavern, video games, support and suggestions, flash games, forum games, popular media, WEPR, newcomers, AMW, Game walkthroughs, programming help and then AG3.

However when you then look at posts the running order is forum games, tavern, WEPR, video games, flash games, popular media, AMW, support and suggestions, game walkthroughs, newcomers, programming help and AG3.

I guess the question is: do topics or posts decide a forum/subforms popularity?

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think it does because people are contributing to the forum.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I think it does because people are contributing to the forum.

Ehm, yeah, hence the question was do topics or posts decide a forum/subforms popularity?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Ehm, yeah, hence the question was do topics or posts decide a forum/subforms popularity?

I would say topics cause for the forum games, there's alot of quick posts.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I say posts... And I personally do think forum games is more popular, it seems to be the most active to me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

do topics or posts decide a forum/subforms popularity?

Posts. All those topics just means they have a whole bunch of different questions and most of the topics in The Tavern are just one post then leave kind of topics, there aren't many that offer discussion. Forum Games has many large threads that are regularly posted in.
Showing 1-15 of 18