ForumsThe Tavernwhats the best future weapon?

43 7748
22swat
22swat
64 posts
Peasant

Whats the best?

• 43 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

But we already have lasers.

Give me three examples that a laser is harnessed as a weapon, and then show me that it is widely used in the world as basic military issue. Nuff said.
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

ironman suit lol

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

The Spartan Laser from Halo 3. That would be epic.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Give me three examples that a laser is harnessed as a weapon

The only one that I know of (there's probably a bunch in early development) is that they're going to be adding them to the fronts of jets to shoot down missiles in the air. It'll be great when they're on a more public level. Imagine rednecks exchanging their shotgun for a laser lol.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

@EmperorPalpatine
Haha that'd be so much chaos. I can just imagine someone saying "Get off my lawn!" and a laser goes through 10 houses. At the present time, lasers are not yet &quotublic", but I wish they were ;D. Super Armor Pierce + Speed of light.... that gives me the chills.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Biotic Augmentations. Have a 5.56 rifle inside your hand, superhuman strength, and extra resistance to bullets. Plus stealth systems built into your body and you've got yourself the soldier of tomorrow.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Biotic Augmentations. Have a 5.56 rifle inside your hand, superhuman strength, and extra resistance to bullets. Plus stealth systems built into your body and you've got yourself the soldier of tomorrow.

The correct and most common term for that would be Cyborg. I, too, am waiting for the day where I can have weapons stored into my body.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

silent dual homing machine shotgun rocket pistols very light, fast shot , shot gun, homing , silent dual and yea pretty epic

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

Give me three examples that a laser is harnessed as a weapon, and then show me that it is widely used in the world as basic military issue. Nuff said.
1 well evil scientests use it to cut people meaning all evil people around the WORLD (world wide) 2 kids all around the WORLD use those little red dot light thing and it can blind many people so thats a weapon and 3 uhhhh i got unleast 2 so 2/3 is majority so there fore lasers is a weapon ur welcome Dair5
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Intelligence and physical fitness...you may be wondering if that is a weapon, but that's okay because I'll go off on a semi-rant and explain the almost un-relevantness of this theory.
Hrm...Hrm! (gather around, I'm about to tell you the Epic of the Future)
The year is a long time in the near future and the planet is quiet. We journey through what was once a thriving city to find empty, lifeless streets. Although, hold on a second...there appears to be movement. A strange looking machine is "running", trips, gets back up, and then starts running again. We attempt to follow it, but it darts into a crumbling apartment building. Carefully, we open the door. It's dark. But, as we peer around the corner, we notice a glow projecting on the wall. Creeping around the corner, a silhouette lays down staring at the color screen. We move up to it and are surprised to find it is strangely... human. The creature is dreadfully thin, severely atrophied, and seemingly unresponsive to external stimuli. You look down and notice this pitiful thing has defecated itself and is starving. It reaches up to grab you and you smack it's hand back as you start to leave. Seconds later, a swarm of the things begin to gradually run after us. Having lost most of their muscle after generations of de-evolution and genetic decay, the creatures seem to tire out and die. You also note that they seem to be harmed by the sun light as they probably have not been in the sun for many years.
(By now, I'm sure you know what I'm getting at, but I'll just finish off the story if you were actually interested in my babble)
We turn the corner and use our geometry skills (which you probably thought would never come in handy D_D) to enter a home through a window, find a square (triangles don't fit in the square hole, duh) to plug the window and keep the zombie people out, and live the rest of your life forever alone
http://rlv.zcache.com/forever_alone_tshirt-p235103425830697443q6vb_400.jpg
Not the ending you were expecting, right?

Alpha88
Alpha88
2 posts
Nomad

no weapon of today can compare with the weapons of World War II

susilo
susilo
93 posts
Nomad

laser blade.... kill hundred enemy only with one swing ..

like this --> )---X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A laser blade would just keep going, and if you swung it down, it would chop the world in half. The best future weapon, to me, is a gun with recharging ammo, so it never runs out. Either that, or a huge electric cannon

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

The best future weapon, to me, is a gun with recharging ammo, so it never runs out.

Like the weapons in Mass Effect. But no reloading and stuff would be cool.
You buy a barrett .50 cal and use it like a mini gun.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

a weapon that looks like a normal gun but with the power of a deathstar from star wars.

Showing 16-30 of 43