ForumsThe TavernGetting rich with a time machine

34 5033
173 posts
Nomad

How would you get rich with a time-machine?

I would buy lots of salt, travel to 1561 (Inka-Gold Rush) sell all the salt and buy gold for it. I would then sink the gold into a deep trench and retrieve it back in 2011.

• 34 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I would go and get dinosaur eggs and put them on an island and have a torist attraction out of the islands.... oh wait....

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Go back intime and look at a big lottery jackpot winning set of numbers then remember them and use them

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I would just take a bunch of modern technology such as T.V.s Cellphones and stuff back to the roman age and sell it all for lotsa moneh!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i thought about reading stories like harry potter or watching movies and then just go back in time and write/do them then and claim them as my own. i think it would be easy to do. also you could just tell them the future. you could also just charge money for the time machine XP

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

i would never use a time machine to get rich. But I have too I would win the lottery, go into stocks, and make sure I get the gold from my great great great grandfather.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

go back and make bets on games that i already know the outcome like superbowls, world series, march madness and invent the snuggie

SlimeKnight
SlimeKnight
128 posts
Peasant

I would gather as much gold as I can and put it in a box. I would then take that box, go back in time, and hide the box. When I get back to the present day, I would gather even more gold into the box, go back in time, and repeat the process.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Sadly, I've actually given this one some thought.
Option 1: Go back in time, do some of the great money making novels, albums, inventions, etc. before they were written, claim them as my own.
Option 2: Go back in time before stock market crashes like the Great Depression and the housing crash, start a hedge fund, and sell short everything that is going to fall.
Option 3: Start charging $$ to predict the future.
Option 4: Take a bunch of guns/tanks/etc back in time to the 1600s or so. Become ruler of all the world, make everyone pay me massive tithings and everything they have, then go forward in time again to present day.
Option 5: Use the winning lottery numbers over and over that I know will win.
Funny, almost all of these options involve screwing over at least one person at some point in time...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Not mine! Mine is just pissing off a bunch of dinosaur moms. Well if the dinos get out, then I might have screwed people but whatever

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't understand why my post was deleted. I said I would go back to when gold wasn't worth much, take it back to the present then sell it.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Here's what you could do.

#1 Go back in time, buy some antique (they wont be antique back then, though) items, and go back to the future and sell them there.

#2 The antique items didn't sell for enough? Go back a couple of decades and buy a crapload of stocks in computer companies with the money you just earned or some other stocks you know will increase in value.

#3 ???

#4 Profit.

---------------

Alternatively, you could charge ridiculous amounts from people wanting to change something in their past. For example, someone pays you a million dollars and you travel back in time and warn him not to push that big red button labelled "DO NOT PUSH!".

Take your payment up front, because otherwise the time line will be messed up and he wont remember ever having asked you for help (because he never had to ask).

-------------------

This all sound too complicated or slow? I got the perfect solution!

Put all your money in a box. Travel back in time five seconds with the box. Tell past you to put his money in the box too. Travel back five more seconds. Rince and repeat, until you're ready to return to one second after you first disappeared (we don't want multiple yous to exist. They'd want a share!)

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Sell the time machine, someone is bound to want it.

Simple, and you won't have to worry about all the paradoxes.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I'd go back in time and try to tame a dino small enough to fit in the time machine and go back to the future and sell it.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Buy crack cocaine. Go back in time. Sell. Use secret of crack making to create a financial empire. Then, when the future rolls around, you'll be the one selling all the crack.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Go in the future, look at how the economy will go and invest all your money for the stocks that will thrive.

Showing 1-15 of 34