ForumsThe TavernGetting rich with a time machine

34 5034
173 posts
Nomad

How would you get rich with a time-machine?

I would buy lots of salt, travel to 1561 (Inka-Gold Rush) sell all the salt and buy gold for it. I would then sink the gold into a deep trench and retrieve it back in 2011.

• 34 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I have to say, some of these I don't have a problem with, the gambling for example, others such as the plagiarism, I find despicable. (No offense, just my views.) And those ideas about bringing gold to the future, I find idiotic, because it would more than likely crash the gold market, and then the gold would be worth nothing.

I'd buy gold in the present, go back about 100 years, sell the gold, take the money and open a savings account, return to the future, go access savings account, ta da, lots of money.

susilo
susilo
93 posts
Nomad

i will stole i dino egg and sell it to museum...

every touris must pay to see it...

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

As long as I don't start a paradox...Take a couple modern SMGs, ARs and RPGs, reap the fruits of 200 hundred year old banks that stock only gold, attack Fort Knox, attack Buckingham Palace in the Victorian age, and bring about Steampunk, instead of what we have now, and thus please myself most thoroughly.

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Go to year 50, Take Jesus with you and sell him to Muslims

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Go to year 50, Take Jesus with you and sell him to Muslims

lol.

i would write down the lottery numbers, go back in time and win with the right numbers more than one million. or i learn how to do some awesome things like chris angel mind freak or david coperfield did and become a famous magician.

Guyguy21
Guyguy21
32 posts
Nomad

I would get hoardes of coca-cola, go to a christian temple, pretend to be god and call the coca-cola 'holy water'.

It would make alot of money and they might have invented coca-cola earlier in history!

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh, that's rich. Why not give em all tanks and amuse yourselves as they stumble over the controls and kill their friends more than their foes?

SlimeKnight
SlimeKnight
128 posts
Peasant

And those ideas about bringing gold to the future, I find idiotic, because it would more than likely crash the gold market, and then the gold would be worth nothing.

You're right. It would be better if I open a bank account with a dollar in it, go 1000 years in the future and get my money. Much more economy-friendly.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Wait for the winning lottery numbers to be announced, then go back a week ago and play them.

lambybug
lambybug
106 posts
Nomad

um, duh, you have to go to the future, buy a book with past sports scores, and then bet on who will win and get a TON of money... has no one seen back to the future?

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

I will go back and see how "that person who maked the car" maked it! Then i will kill him and take his drawings!
And then be billionare!

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Go to year 50, Take Jesus with you

He went to heaven around year 37.

Wait for the winning lottery numbers to be announced, then go back a week ago and play them.

Probably the easiest and best way.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

u know try one of the million $ shot from half court if i miss go back in time and do again if i get it in i get the money keep it in my pocket go back in time and yea

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I would go back in time, write a bunch of different stories and sign them each with different names, tell everyone its the truth and eventually gain a couple billion followers. the mistake made by whoever did this in the past was they didnt charge people money for it. I would make everyone pay for it and somehow find a way to siphon the money all to me.

I would be the most successful author of all time.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

The easiest way to do this without going back ever again [unless I just wanted to] would be to
* Find an extensive stock chart.
* Buy a crapload of salt, go to 13-16th century Africa, and get a bunch of gold.
* Fast forward to the 19th century, and sell all the gold. It won't be worth as much as it is now, but whatever.
* In the 19th, use the tons of money to buy up stock in all the companies proven to succeed by the chart.
* Move forward in time, sell those stocks at the peaks of their heights, and simultaneously buy new stocks for future companies.
* Make tons of bank accounts and keep moving them over, keeping all the billions spread about.
* By the time the process is done, you are a trillionaire buying stock in Google, Apple, [and selling whatever property you optionally chose to buy].

Finally, I would pull out the cash from all of those accounts, spread them into bonds, savings, retirement funds, charity, gold, houses, etc., and then keep around 800B just to flash around and crap.

Also, while in old age, I'd probably go back in time and make all the Thomas Edison inventions, and just send him a few millions so he's not sad about me beating him to everything. -- In return, I get to be in history.

Showing 16-30 of 34