ForumsThe TavernSpending Mere Cents On Thousands Of Dollars Of Groceries

11 2808
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I discovered something extremely shocking today! People can buy truckloads of groceries and spend very little on the cost! I was watching this show today...

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Latest-News-Wires/2011/0413/600-in-groceries-for-10-Yes.-How-Extreme-couponing

These people buy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of groceries and hardly spend a thing on all of it, even in some cases they walk away with more money then they came in there with and it's all because of coupons being used wisely. It's all timing and mathematics. What do you think of that huh?

• 11 Replies
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Let me link that so it's easier for you. Click HERE

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah I've heard of that. I wouldn't do it though. Too much work. I wouldn't even know where to get the couponds.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I didn't watch the show you mentioned but i was actually introduced to it through the show wife-swap. Maybe i should say i watched your show for some street cred.

I could personally never do it. It looks too time consuming and although money saving, it seems a bit restricting. But for the people who have the patience, it is an amazing savings scheme !

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I didn't watch the show you mentioned but i was actually introduced to it through the show wife-swap. Maybe i should say i watched your show for some street cred.

I could personally never do it. It looks too time consuming and although money saving, it seems a bit restricting. But for the people who have the patience, it is an amazing savings scheme !

You watch the TLC channel? It seemed so unpopular. I think I can sum up how they do it.

1. Cut out/print every coupon that takes away almost all of the price.
2. Wait for the store to drop the price lower than the coupon price
3. Cash in!

It seems worth it if you're in debt.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Wow, I think this is almost as pointless as my Tutorial on how to poke your cat thread. But in my opinion, pointless threads are the best. I guess yours isn't that pointless because its actually something somebody might want to do unlike poking your cat for hours straight... Anyways, I think I agree with dair, it's too much work and you would need a lot of patients. How would you end up leaving the store with more money though?

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Wow, I think this is almost as pointless as my Tutorial on how to poke your cat thread. But in my opinion, pointless threads are the best. I guess yours isn't that pointless because its actually something somebody might want to do unlike poking your cat for hours straight... Anyways, I think I agree with dair, it's too much work and you would need a lot of patients. How would you end up leaving the store with more money though?

Hmm...poking a cat, or saving 700 dollars. At least my thread didn't get locked! Haha.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Hmm...poking a cat, or saving 700 dollars. At least my thread didn't get locked! Haha.

Haha that's true. Poking cats usually gets you clawed too.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Most stores by me don't allow "double couponing" where like if you've got a coupon for a dollar off milk when you buy something and a different coupon for a dollar off milk when you buy something else, you can only use one per milk product purchased instead of $2 off of the 1 milk. Or like if you've got one for free cheese when you buy crackers and another one for free bread when you buy cheese, you need to pay for a seperate cheese to get the bread deal instead of getting both for free. Some stores are much more lenient and will allow multiple coupons on the same items. That's how some people can get their groceries for almost nothing.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Yeah... I don't think I'd ever do that...
They could make a job for people to do that though.
Dibs on the patent!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've never even heard of the TLC channel, so nope.
Letsnotmakethisthreadgoofftopicbuyyourthreadwaslockeddigs.

Most stores by me don't allow "double couponing"

It's the same where i live - you can only really use one coupon and they're usually "Spend $60, get $12 off your shop" (Why doesn't my keyboard have a pound sign, hmm.)

It takes a lot of effort too and sadly some people choose to coupon instead of working.
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Letsnotmakethisthreadgoofftopicbuyyourthreadwaslockeddigs

That type of talk makes me wanna punch a hole through the wall. Plus you said "buy" not "by".

Why doesn't my keyboard have a pound sign, hmm.

Armor Games can't read a pound sign, and if you did then it would appear as a "�", along with the yen and euro.

I've never even heard of the TLC channel

I don't think it's available in Ireland, but I could be wrong...
Showing 1-11 of 11