ForumsThe TavernImagination

23 5659
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Is it me, or does everyone loose their imagination in adolescence? If not, prove me wrong, love to hear someone else with an imagination.

• 23 Replies
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Oh, oh! I have an imagination! You know them little stems on the end of the grapes? Well, I had one it was made up of about five smaller ones. It looked like a dog but, turn it another way and it looks like some crazy bird talon. Then turn it on it's side and it looks like a hairbrush. That was just the one I had found. Also, there was this cloud that looked like a fish. Then there was another cloud behind it that looked like a dragon and it was about to eat the fish.
And, anything can be a hat. At least at my house.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Is it me, or does everyone loose their imagination in adolescence? If not, prove me wrong

Easy, just look at any number of artists, musicians or writers. Most of them are well past adolescence and require imagination to do what they do.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Is it me, or does everyone loose their imagination in adolescence?

I haven't at least. The only difference is that I don't tell everyone every single thing that I think of as opposed to when I was 7-8.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Easy, just look at any number of artists, musicians or writers. Most of them are well past adolescence and require imagination to do what they do.

This.

Most people hide their thoughts to be &quotrofessional". They might keep a journal or diary with all their fairy tales and fantasies, but all that is masked behind their face.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I can't remember the last time I had an "imagination". Or at least, in the connotation it's being used in. I can think about stuff that can happen, sure; but when it comes to thinking about things that aren't likely to happen, I just draw a blank.

I blame my lack of a creative mind. Seriously, when I play the Sims, half of my sims are named "Ernie". Where is the imagination in that?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I hate using my imagination. it doesnt work for me. thats where the internet comes in handy, so to speak.

TheAznSensation
TheAznSensation
9 posts
Nomad

I think that imagination is a muscle that starts out strong, but slowly degrades if you neglect to use it

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I blame my lack of a creative mind. Seriously, when I play the Sims, half of my sims are named "Ernie". Where is the imagination in that?

Haha next time try naming half of them Bert.
Showing 16-23 of 23