ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[RULES] Hey Creative People!

26 18647
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to Art, Music and Writing. It's the chillest place on Armor Games for artists, musicians, and writers. Kick back and share your work.

We respect intellectual property. PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Even if it's not or can't be copyrighted, it is still possible to plagiarize. Credit anything you did not create to the person(s) who created it within reason. Attempting to pass off someone else's work as your own will result in a ban.

ART, MUSiC and WRiTiNG RULES and GUiDELiNES
1.) Plagiarism will not be tolerated. We cannot stress this enough. Attribute anything that you took from somewhere else and there should be no problem within reason. Report plagiarism to a moderator.
2.) Discussion about books, art, music, etc. by other people, i.e. professionals and other people you don't know, goes in Popular Media.
3.) Obscene material is not allowed. Sex scenes, excessive violence, excessive language, explicit gore, and content otherwise better suited for mature audiences are not allowed. 'Obscene' and 'excessive' is subjective and there are gray areas. Please report content that offends you and the moderators will deal with it accordingly.
4.) Please be aware of how much data you are posting. Posting several megabytes worth of media in one post will take longer to load. Not everyone has a high bandwidth.
5.) Be polite when giving feedback to another user's work. Criticism should be constructive. If you don't like something, don't be a jerk about it.
6.) Please check out the BBCode Guide on how to embed images, use bold and italics, as well as other things.

ART GUiDLiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's artwork as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) Embed images using the BBCode image tags. The tag must be in lowercase. The URL must be the image URL, not the page or frame the image is shown. Right-click and View Image or Right-click Copy Image Location to get to the image URL.
3.) Images have a maximum width of 670 pixels before a scrollbar will appear. If the image is wider, please use a smaller image and/or link to the image instead of posting it on the forums.
4.) Please use a smaller image and/or link to the original image if the image is more than 10% larger than either 1000 px high or 1MB.
5.) Credit and/or source brushes, renders, textures, characters, etc. that you did not make. If you referenced at someone else's work to make your own, please include a source and/or credit the original artist.

WRiTiNG GUiDELiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's poem, story, or other piece of writing as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) Please post a link to a story or other written work if it is long. Anything greater than 10% more than 5000 words is pushing it.
3.) Credit and/or source characters, objects, settings, etc. that you did not create. Ask for permission before using another user's image, character, etc. in your work.
4.) The forums will only accept ASCII printable characters. Other characters will result in unwanted symbols. If your piece of writing was written in Word or similar word processor, make sure all quotation marks (and apostrophes) are straight quotes ("" '' and not curly quotes.

MUSiC and ViDEO GUiDELiNES
1.) Do not claim someone else's song, lyrics, film, music, or video as your own. That is plagiarism.
2.) You cannot embed any sort of music or video file on Armor Games. You will need to upload the file and post a link to it if you want to share it.

Please read the following posts for information on plagiarism, infringement, and constructive criticism. Any questions and comments can be posted on this thread.

• 26 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is it a possibility to bring the art skills competition back? It may regenerate the creative energy this forum needs if we encouraged more artists to create again, and it could even get non-artistic people to explore their creative side.

If nothing else happen, I will be bringing it back sometime in the fall, since I am missing it a lot too. It won't be particularly optimal in any way, but it's probably better than nothing. After all, most regulars here have gotten used to the judge being late.

At least, that is if no one else takes up the torch on this.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Wasn't there a short story contest at one point too? What happened to that?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It died horribly, when no one bothered to write entries.
Short stories never really had much of a standing contest-wise, due to them being a lot of work on both sides of the judging.
Not to mention the WoM is still running, and while it is not that big an energy user as it once was, I think most of the contestants are still on the ready for stealth assignments and what not.

But it might be worth it to get one running... I just know that I won't be able to participate properly.
Otherwise, there is Xzeno's cool tweet-sized fiction contest, which might be at least some of what you are looking for.

melon0111
melon0111
211 posts
Nomad

Would we lose any sort of rights to our work?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Would we lose any sort of rights to our work?

Of course not. Armor Games will never "steal" your work. Armor Games wouldn't even want it aside from entertainment's sake.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

It's the chillest place on Armor Games for artists

It's the chillest place

chillest

http://scranton.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw6178-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

I couldn't resist. And, to be related, a good post for all! Have a cider!

-Chillz
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

armergames

You have to have an image URL inside the tag for an image to be posted.
Lee_Blade
Lee_Blade
97 posts
Peasant

I want to post my doodle drawings but I don't know how to post a picture here.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@Lee_Blade: first off, you have to upload your drawings into an image hosting site (Photobucket, for example). Then, use the BB code to post them here. Check this guide. It's really helpful

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Are 3D models allowed?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

yes they are if they are you own models , I had a few before

Showing 16-26 of 26