ForumsNews and FeedbackSo, do you know when the release is going to be?

49 9915
KeenuTehUneek
KeenuTehUneek
91 posts
Nomad

Roughly.
Do you know when you think you'll finish deciding things and release AG3?
I r so excited.

• 49 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Speculation and nothing more. I just thought it'd be neat. And when I see the word "soon" and Cormyn's teasing, I would think that the release would be obviously soon; even if it wouldn't be released on the revolutionary day, it may be pretty close. No use shooting down guesses, aye?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

No use shooting down guesses, aye?

I wasn't shooting down being close to Leif Erikson Day, I was only shooting down before Leif Erikson Day. I actually think open beta will come out in November or possibly December. However, I expect open beta to take at least 3 months, so AG3 would probably come out by early February at the earliest, but probably more like March or April, or possibly even May.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Keep in mind that "release" is going to happen in phases, much like how we rolled out the changes over time in the closed beta. Since we'll have more than 1,000 users hitting the beta, we have to make sure we don't have scalability/availability issues.

I don't think there is any chance that AG3 will be released before October 9th.

Not the whole thing, no.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Oh. Well, it looks a tad different from in beta phase, but I prefer it like this. I can't wait to see the profiles!

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I'm really excited for the release. So much is going to change and everything will be much better afterward.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

First stage of public beta is released?

CHYEAH BOY.

Valteron
Valteron
2 posts
Farmer

It's so long to waiting..

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

It's just me, or the beta frontpage looks pretty much identical to kong's one...

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It's just me, or the beta frontpage looks pretty much identical to kong's one...

I agree with you. They look pretty identical. I still like the coloring for AG's better.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I love the new beta!

Yeah, but again, better colors and NAME!!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm thinking only the categories of games at the bottom are the same. The featured games panel has a more-complex function, though it looks similar. The blog is now on the far-right, which is nice for location. It's actually visible, which gives hope of members taking a look inside. If I'm correct, that news bubble will provide new news and stay there updated, instead of just being a panel somewhere on the page. And look! It follows you. *is transfixed*

I also see that the ad sammiched between the two columns is gone. I was going to suggest it be put above the homepage for tradition's sake.

JamminDeV
JamminDeV
39 posts
Nomad

Cant will, it will be sweet.

JamminDeV
JamminDeV
39 posts
Nomad

Wait* sorry for double post.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What can you do on the beta site right now? Just play games?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

What can you do on the beta site right now? Just play games?

I guess so. I used it to play Phage Wars Live last night.
Showing 31-45 of 49