ForumsThe TavernBest brand of laptops

22 3858
gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

Which brand of laptop is the best? I heard Sony laptops were really good but which one would you prefer?

• 22 Replies
RedFishBlueFish
RedFishBlueFish
27 posts
Nomad

It really depends on the specifications of each individual laptop, not the brand. But none-the-less some brands are better than others. Sony and Apple laptops are very nice(but are expensive).

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Depends on what kind of laptop you want. Gaming laptops, get an Alienware. There's a couple of good ones for <600 USD. Work laptops are practically a dime a dozen compared to those. Get Sony, Mac, Samsung, maybe even Toshiba.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It really depends on the specifications of each individual laptop, not the brand

It really does - my toshiba has better specs than a mac books pro.

I prefer Toshiba at the moment but i lust after a sony. If i edited the sony i wanted it would be the perfect computer.

I got a toshiba satellite L655 but turned the dual processor into a quad, added a lot of RAM, and hey presto - i have a very good laptop for <500$
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

well im playing on a hp right now it runs pretty good

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I have this pretty sweet VAIO... :P

It runs CPU-intensive games and the like quite well, and if I want to render a video in Sony Vegas, it takes 10 minutes as opposed to 2 hours like it was on my previous VAIO.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Apple laptops. Paired with Macintosh, they're unbeatable.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If you have a lot of money and want a simple OS, then I'd go with Apple.
If you don't have as much money, need a more widely compatible system, and know more about computers, then the rest... well, I don't have time to think up and write them all down so :P

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I don't own a laptop, but from ones I have used at school and from my friends, I think HPs run pretty smoothly. Apple is okay, but I've never been much of an Apple fan.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I do not know much but just don't get an acer. They suck.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I have a powerful Dell gaming laptop and if something is wrong I get a free repair (for 2 years). Unless they have to replace something and it is my fault,

eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

Apple get my vote, although desktop apples are better than laptops

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

Best one is the make-your-own laptop, you could buy a laptop shell and buy all the components.

LatestDisaster_
LatestDisaster_
46 posts
Nomad

I don't know the best, but I have an HP...and it is definitely not that.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

My macbook is still running fine. So macbook I guess.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

not macs. nothing works on macs. i'm not even sure if they've made a laptop, but defintely not macs.
and i have an HP, it works absolutely fine. even better with this random extra monitor my dad attached.

Showing 1-15 of 22