ForumsThe TavernBest brand of laptops

22 3856
gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

Which brand of laptop is the best? I heard Sony laptops were really good but which one would you prefer?

• 22 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Mac is better for work, internet and traveling and recording. Other laptops are just either for gaming (though the best gaming laptops are the size of their more advanced desktop counterparts) or just replaceability. macs have better security, but Apple kinda has taken some wrong turns. i've got a slightly older mac, but it's great!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I like Sony laptops, they're great for gaming and just about everything else. My Toshiba laptop isn't bad, but the batteries don't last very long.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Sony is a bit overpriced considering the specs that they have. They're okay.

Most HP, Dell, Toshiba, and Mac laptops are your best choices for everyday computing. Mac is a tiny bit overpriced.
Alienware is overpriced, but runs good if you have the money to buy one. Asus makes a variety of laptops and so does Acer. It really depends on what you like.

Hopefully my insight will help you in your decision.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

It really depends on the specifications of each individual laptop, not the brand.

very true look for whats inside not the name of the brand or ull get ripped off

Gaming laptops, get an Alienware

get alienware if you want to lose money. There over priced for what you get, your paying for the alienware name nothing extra. There good but overpriced

Even tho im being a nazi, i used to buy HP before i knew anything about computer so i guess there my fav.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

It really depends on the specifications of each individual laptop, not the brand.

the brand does show how good they build the laptop.
for example if you want to bring your laptop whit you all the time (for school or work) then don't by a dell. dell is using weak and to short screws. they die very fast because things inside will go lose.
beside that i think evry brand is good. even dell is good aslong you keep it on the table and don't take it whit you.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Yes, but we're not talking about the best specific laptop, we're talking about which makes the best in general.
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

I like Dell

Showing 16-22 of 22