ForumsThe TavernMyths for Mythbusters

30 4394
cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

Tell a myth you think should be on mythbusters. My myths are: Do mice like cheese more than other foods; Does your life flash before you in a near death experience.

• 30 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

they should try to staple jello to the empire state building, that i would want to see lol

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Does your life flash before you in a near death experience.

I'd like to see if that is simply a myth, although i've heard people irl telling me it's true.

Also i'd like to know if the loch ness monster is real :P
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

jeez. its pretty hard to come up with a myth. well at least an interesting one.

cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

If anyone wants to you should post these on discovery.com to try and get them picked for an episode.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

i don't care much about the myths...i just want to see them smash pies at eachother! o i know! if you smash a pie into someones face hard enough, will there be any bad reactions?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

You know how in movies, people jump in front of someone else and take a bullet for them to save the other person's life? It would be cool if they tested that myth if they haven't already, like is it possible to jump fast enough to get there before the bullet, would it actually stop the bullet or would it just pass through, etc.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

They should test if it's possible to get a triple head shot with a hand gun. Or they should test if u can really make a home made bomb that extremely powerful, like in the movies

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The problem with this is it would involve killing people? Lmao.

I'm sure it couldn't be 100% if they used dummies - as it doesn't take into consideration hesitation etc.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Actually they have stuff that is exactly like human skin and inside and stuff that exactly like bones, but it's not! Isn't that great?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yeah that is a great way to make a dummy but it still doesn't take into consideration human emotion.

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

How many different breads you can make out of vegetables. I had a discussion with a friend at school who said you could make bread with normal bread ingredients, except you replace the flour with a freeze dried and crushed vegetable. If its at all possible, I think it'd be fun.

cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

No you wouldn't actually kill people you would take willing test subjects pretend something goes wrong during a fake experiment and it would seem near death to the person. The person would not be in danger during the experiment. At the end they ask if their life flashed before their eyes.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I want them to do an entire episode on hiccup cures to find out if any of them actually work.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

Can you (as Indiana Jones says you can) actually survive an atomic bomb in a refrigerator?
I'm going with no.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Can you (as Indiana Jones says you can) actually survive an atomic bomb in a refrigerator?

It is important to note that the refrigerator was an older style, and therefore was lead-lined. Also, it was a significant distance from the point of detonation, so it is theoretically possible to survive, albeit with a lot of bruises and probably a good dose of radiation anyway.

I want them to redo Archimedes solar death ray, and this time do it right. When the battle originally occurred, Archimedes had the defending soldiers polish the backs of their shields, which were bronze and concave due to the fact that they were curved. In the first episode where this was tested, one of the two teams actually used a concave mirror and produced positive results, yet the Mythbusters used flat mirrors in the final test and every test since then. That is wrong. Flat mirrors do not focus light nearly as efficiently as concave mirrors because the flat surface allows for most of the energy to dissipate. If they would just use a bank of concave mirrors, they would see their targets flash-ignite like they are supposed to.
Showing 1-15 of 30