ForumsThe TavernLuck

21 3073
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Post bad things or good things that have happened to u. Just ur luck
I will start with no matter what I do, all my threads get locked. I lost all my sheet music for school. I got sick.
But I did great on mw2. School is alright, i have good grades.
Yeah that's all pretty recent stuff. Post ur own thoughts on luck and tell about ur luck here

• 21 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The problem is i don't think that has anything to do with luck, minus you losing your sheet music.
Threads - need to have more substance so they don't get locked.
Sickness - happens due to germs etc.
MW2 - Skill.
Grades - Your own ability/ the amount you work.

I think luck is very rare: I find money a good bit, that is good luck.

I can't say school/relationship is bad or good luck as it's down to my own actions.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah speeking of money, I found a dollar bill in my chair today! I know it's awesome!!! And actually I was just playing mw2 and I have been doing reeeaaally bad recently but all of a sudden I'm going 28 and 7! 7! That doesn't just happen randomly. Way better that 11 and 10. Idk I sorta do really good then bad and then good. Weird.
And the cold thing I mean yeah I know about how it happens but I'm more so talking about the why. Why me? It's just my luck

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

And thanks for relizing my skillz :P

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

That doesn't just happen randomly. Way better that 11 and 10. Idk I sorta do really good then bad and then good. Weird.
And the cold thing I mean yeah I know about how it happens but I'm more so talking about the why. Why me? It's just my luck

It's all about getting to know the game.
And the why would be because of what you touched. didn't wash hands etc
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah ok so I don't wash my hands at school.... I will make a note of that. But come on there has to be some reason of why it happened then and there. I mean we touch germs all the time but we r not always sick right?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

lets see. luck.
good luck: i did not fall on my butt in the creek while helping my 5 year old neighbor catch a frog.
it is cold(er) outside! yayy!
bad luck: i do not understand one of the things in math that everybody should understand and i will get laughed at if i ask so i'm probably going to fail. hows that for luck?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yes! It looks like I got a good thread going! Awesome! But uh yeah it's odd cauz I mean it's not like a mystical force or anything. I just think of it has the stuff that happens to u.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yeah ok so I don't wash my hands at school.... I will make a note of that. But come on there has to be some reason of why it happened then and there. I mean we touch germs all the time but we r not always sick right?

Might be something you touched that someone with a cold touched.

i did not fall on my butt in the creek while helping my 5 year old neighbor catch a frog.
it is cold(er) outside! yayy!
bad luck: i do not understand one of the things in math that everybody should understand and i will get laughed at if i ask so i'm probably going to fail. hows that for luck?

Good luck? No. Balance.
Bad luck? No, not everyone is good at maths.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

i started a thread, once, and it got banned before the day was over, like u. sort of.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

i started a thread, once, and it got banned before the day was over, like u. sort of

Would you call that luck though? Maybe it was the threads substance or peoples actions?

Luck:
1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities: With my luck I'll probably get pneumonia.
2.good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance: He had no luck finding work.
3.a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person: She's had nothing but bad luck all year.
4.some object on which good fortune is supposed to depend: This rabbit's foot is my luck.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah the rabbits foot stuff doesn't work. Were did that even come from?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Everything works if you believe in it.
Or rather, you will find patterns that &quotrove" that your superstition is correct.

In y family, we generally do no consider us lucky. Rather the opposite, though thankfully not in the whole "suddenly, cancer" way. Just a bit of constant non-good luck keeping the mood a little down at times, and everyone more focused on hard work than anything else.

But eh, luck is like karma: Too many people misunderstand the concept and abuses the word, and it works for all the wrong people at all the wrong times.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Everything works if you believe in it.
Or rather, you will find patterns that &quotrove" that your superstition is correct.

Hmm, i don't believe in that as such.
Even if you believe in something and work at it, doesn't mean it will happen.
cbreezy623
cbreezy623
59 posts
Nomad

Luck is just a figment of your imagination.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I got sick also, missed too days of school, missed my math test.

good luck, found a cute black cat wandering my street walking home and he rubbed his/her head against my leg ^_^ so cute. although they are bad luck, it was nice.

Showing 1-15 of 21