ForumsThe TavernNew name for orange

40 5570
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I never liked the fact that orange (the fruit) has the same exact name as the color orange. I always found that annoying and think we should change the name of it, if you were to change the name of the fuit Orange, what would you call it?

• 40 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Then again, Dutch and Danish can be eerily similar at times, so I shouldn't be surprised.

sometimes we are so close and other times we are compleetly the opposite. but always good for a debat =P
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

2. Just think about it.. you wouldn't want the Annoying Orange to be called the Annoying Citrus??

I personaly want the Annoying Orange to be peacefuly gone from youtube.
i would call it blue just because its a color

But the onlty reason I would wanna change it is so it will no longer be having the same title as a color.
Citrus. I mean u always get like citrus smoothies and it's just orange!!! Yeah citrus

Sounded like a good idea till I read how citrus sounds like lemmon in different launguages.
we most likely will give you a citroen. wich is actualy a lemon.

I always liked lemons, they are so sour and have alot of juice.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

But the onlty reason I would wanna change it is so it will no longer be having the same title as a color.

But, if it is called orange because of the color won't we have to change the color's name too? I mean you can't just go calling an orange Greg and then leave the color still orange.
Citrus. I mean u always get like citrus smoothies and it's just orange!!! Yeah citrus

I see citrus as more of a general term for certain types of fruit. Citrus could include:
Oranges
Grapefruit
Lemons
Limes
Tangelos (kind of orange)
Clementines (also a kind of orange)
Pineapple
etc.
etc.
etc.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

But, if it is called orange because of the color won't we have to change the color's name too? I mean you can't just go calling an orange Greg and then leave the color still orange.

Why do you think that? They both exist, but they don't go together as one. There is one color and one fruit, you can't link them to each other.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Why do you think that? They both exist, but they don't go together as one. There is one color and one fruit, you can't link them to each other.

The color orange is named after the fruit. So, if the fruit is a greg then so would be the color.
Peek
Peek
120 posts
Nomad

We should rename orange to anaranjado.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

The color orange is named after the fruit. So, if the fruit is a greg then so would be the color.

the color got it's own name now. it does not need the fruit anymore.
if there wold be no oranges left on earth anymore then the color will still be called orange.

they are not linked.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

or beter said:
all oranges are orange.
but not evrything orange is a orange.

still following it?

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

I think "orange" is just fine as it is, but if you absolutely have to fool around with it then call it a "sun-fruit."

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

the red+yellow fruit is the also called the orange

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I thought the grapefruit was already called a "sun-fruit". It is a very good possiblity i am wrong tho.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Leave the orange as it is. It'll be annoying having to change the name.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

i say : 'orus fruit' in latin or something.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok well I mean u can't really think of another name cauz that's what it's been called it's whole life. It's like that old book frindle

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

Learn Danish, call it an "appelsin"

Yay, im from Denmark, thanks for talking about Danish.
Try saying apple in Danish: AEble
Showing 16-30 of 40