ForumsThe TavernHeadphones VS speakers

26 4125
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I was just wondering what you guys prefere, headphones or speakers and why do you prefere that?

• 26 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It depends if there are people around me and they want to listen to the music and if the speakers have good sound quality, but I mostly listen to music with earbuds or headphones. Mainly because I can hear the music better, it drowns out all the other noise, and it doesn't disrupt others.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I prefer headphones. You can put them in your pocket and take them with you and just listen on the go. You cant really bring a big ipod speaker into the train and start playing Jizz in my pants or Orphan tears now can you?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

When I'm on my laptop, i use the built in speakers. When I'm on my ipod/ipad, i use the headphones. I don't care much about sound quality.

yong93
yong93
7 posts
Nomad

I don't know about you, but there are some genres that I hate and some that I don't. Headphones > speakers; don't annoy me and I won't annoy you.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Some earbuds r annoying. The ones that came with my iPod hurt my ears alot. I like skull candy. But I prefer head phones. Turtle beach is nice and comfy

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I don't know about you, but there are some genres that I hate and some that I don't. Headphones > speakers; don't annoy me and I won't annoy you.

You confused me, what? I'm assuming you like headphones more, but what's with all the other stuff?
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I prefer speakers. The sound quality is usually better and it sounds nicer. They don't just blast it into your ears. If I am out I will use headphones. I don't like when other people walk around with their phones blaring music I don't want to hear and I won't do it to other people.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I prefer speakers. The sound quality is usually better and it sounds nicer. They don't just blast it into your ears. If I am out I will use headphones. I don't like when other people walk around with their phones blaring music I don't want to hear and I won't do it to other people.

I never use speakers because I don't want to bother other people, and also you can sometimes hear stuff more clearly when you use headphones.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I like headphones better. The music quality is better and the sound is clearer. Also, sometimes speakers make fuzzy noises.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I agree with the consensus so far that headphones are better. More private so you don't annoy others with your music and they don't annoy you with theirs. The only downside is that they look rather bulky in public, especially the noise canceling ones.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Headphones for if you want them on the go and/ or your family hates your music.
Stereo if you have a lot of money, space to put the speakers, and know how to set it up (or better yet, know somebody else that knows how to set it up).

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

I use headphones/earphones because they usually have better sound quality. Plus they don't disturb people/they can't hear what I'm listening to.

rockband101
rockband101
121 posts
Nomad

I simply prefer headphones, they're light, small, and portabale (I know speakers are also portable, but headphones can fit in your pocket and don't atract atention.)

rockband101
rockband101
121 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post, but i meant attract attention at the end, it was a typo.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I have a stereo in my room with 4 big speakers, turn it to 7 and you're shaking stuff, goes up to 25, I am afraid to try that, I don't think I have the power anyways.....

But if I am on the computer, I prefer overhead earphones, not ear buds. Those things are gross.

Showing 1-15 of 26