ForumsThe TavernWould you Rather be Blind or Deaf?

63 10166
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Which do you think is worse? I would rather be blind.

• 63 Replies
Revisited
Revisited
7 posts
Nomad

deaf...bc u can still see the joy of life...lol

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

It all comes down to one vital question: Can I still play video games?

Blindness: Nope, I can't. So this is worse.

Deafness: Turn on subtitles, and I'm set.

So I would rather be deaf.

RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

This is a really tough question for me, either would definitely suck. Life without vision would probably be tough but the idea of being deaf is just horrible to me. I'd never get used to living without music and all the beautiful sounds of this world. So, I would probably choose to be blind rather than deaf.

you got guts...i could not live without my vision havent you thought about seen all black without the beatiful colors the earth and your surroundings have for you?
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I would be deaf. You can actually listen to music if it is like, concert loud. and then there is the cochlear implant. and i want to know sign language anyways.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

If you were deaf couldn't you go to maximum bass? Wouldn't you hear/feel it that way?

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yeah i think so d_dude. i remember watching the news once about a deaf guy who created music with clapping and stomping his feet so he could hear/feel it.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

If you were deaf couldn't you go to maximum bass? Wouldn't you hear/feel it that way?

Yep; you wouldn't be able to discern the exact note, but you could jam to the rhythm and force of the vibrations. Just from that, you nearly have music in itself.
Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

you got guts...i could not live without my vision havent you thought about seen all black without the beatiful colors the earth and your surroundings have for you?

I have actually thought about this question many times before and I agree that being blind and not seeing all the beautiful things would definitely be very tough. But I would probably go crazy if I couldn't listen to any music.

Also, In my opinion this thread makes more sense if we don't start to think about which could be cured more easily. I mean the point of this is the idea of being completely blind or deaf for the rest of your life. At least that's how I understood it.
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

deaf because i know someone who was born deaf but had like this new ear surgery thing where he is starting to be able to hear so if i was deaf i would just have that surger even if i wont be able to hear things clearly (as i understand he hears everyone as darth vader from star wars until the process gets better)then everything is ok

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I would be blind and let the Force and Earth-bending skills guide me. Unfortunately, I don't got those powers. So I chose deaf.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

not sure

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I would choose to be blind. I have always wondered how blind people dream. I think it would be rather interesting. Plus, I could have a seeing eye dog and my hearing would be excellent.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Now hold on...Deafness is the inability to hear. Being Mute is the inability to talk. Deaf people can still talk, they just cant hear what they're saying. it's a problem with your ears not your mouth! D:<

Yea exactly what i was thinking
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'd rather learn sign language and read subtitles then not see anything.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I'd be blind. Because there are many ways to work around being blind; like canes, dogs, and other people. The only way to work around deafness would be sign language and subtitles. And if you're blind to begin with, you wouldn't know about all the 'beautiful things' in the world.

Showing 31-45 of 63