ForumsThe TavernWould you Rather be Blind or Deaf?

63 10168
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Which do you think is worse? I would rather be blind.

• 63 Replies
darkflame12
darkflame12
33 posts
Nomad

why would you people be blind, think about it, no more armor games, movies, TV, video, you wouldn't be able to read. You still could use the audio book thing, but i'd rather read. I would much rather be deaf, it would help falling asleep at night, and block out annoying siblings.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

why would you people be blind, think about it, no more armor games, movies, TV, video, you wouldn't be able to read

Read the last sentence of my post above yours.

You still could use the audio book thing, but i'd rather read

Even though I'm an amazing reader, I hate reading, so points there for blindness.

it would help falling asleep at night

I have trouble falling asleep, but it's not because of noise, and I live next to an extremely busy road in a creaky, 40-year-old house.

and block out annoying siblings.

I've come to enjoy my siblings for the majority of them time.
darkflame12
darkflame12
33 posts
Nomad

[quote]The only way to work around deafness would be sign language and subtitles.

Sorry to tell you this, but life doesn't have subtitles.

[quote]I have trouble falling asleep, but it's not because of noise, and I live next to an extremely busy road in a creaky, 40-year-old house.

Whoa, and that doesn't have anything to do with noise? Okay.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Whoa, and that doesn't have anything to do with noise? Okay.

Oh, I beg to differ.

The road around my house is busy 24/7, and believe me, cars can be LOUD. With them blasting music, revving up their engines, sirens, motorcycles, a lot of noise is generated from a busy a busy street. Anytime someone moves in my house, you hear it as if they're right next to you, which would also cause noise because if you can hear someone walking, just think about someone flushing the toilet or taking a shower. So yes, it has a lot to do with noise.
darkflame12
darkflame12
33 posts
Nomad

And, deaf people can hear, right? I said if you are deaf you can't hear. Do i need to yell?

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

And, deaf people can hear, right? I said if you are deaf you can't hear. Do i need to yell?

No? Since when could deaf people hear? I was saying that noise doesn't keep me from sleeping, and knowing how the world works, I'm definitely not alone with this. No need to to yell, yelling's rude, especially to a stranger over the internet
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

you can have different 'strengths' of deafness like you cant hear well and the same with blindess like you cant see well but most people mean they cant hear/see at all when they say blind or deaf.

and I would rather be deaf the thought of not being able to see scares me.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I'd rather be blind. If I could never hear music again, I'd be lost.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I would have said deaf, but after reading keeton52 post I'm not that sure.

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

I'd rather be blind. If I could never hear music again, I'd be lost.

same
Drift89
Drift89
214 posts
Nomad

This is a hard choice... I think I would rather be deaf. I would hate not being able to see anything. The only problem is I wouldn't be able to hear music

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Deaf, since you can still see the beauties of this world, and your not as susceptible to pranks.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Deaf, since you can still see the beauties of this world, and your not as susceptible to pranks.

Who would prank a blind person?!?!?!
Epic563
Epic563
166 posts
Nomad

I would rather be Deaf. Although I couldn't listen to music anymore, and I would have to read subtitles, being blind would be much worse. While deaf, you can still communicate. While blind, you cannot really get a job or anything.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I would rather be deaf than blind

Showing 46-60 of 63