ForumsThe TavernThe Tavern

24 3167
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

People of the tavern. i come to this section to have good discussion on stuff that doesnt fall into the other catagories, as that is what it is for. however, i do not come in here to answer every "would you rather this" and "would you rather that" thread, which is essentially all im seeing.

from my observations i have seen really nothing but pointless giberish threads and its getting pretty annoying.

this could just be me being a whiny b****, but im pretty sure im not the only person who thinks so.

moderators you can feel free to lock this at any time, i just thought id get my thoughts across and let all the taverners know. if you agree then i guess you agree and you know what to do.

my final statement before i hit the submit button is, please read the mutha F****** stickies. thank you

• 24 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

....Umadbro?

There's really not that many threads like that, at least on the first 2 pages. I don't mind it. I don't see what's so wrong, so maybe you're just mad, and need to let out a good rant.

Where did the Rant thread go? Sigh....

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah it's kinda odd. Nothing really to talk about. All the "what's ur favorite...." and stuff really doesn't matter much, unless it's about ur favorite sports teams. Ya know what I might just go make a thread like that right now. I think there will be some discussions going on there

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

The thing that bugs me is that there are lots of threads that you can only respond to once. Like the "what's ur favorite...." or "what's ur eye color" where it never changes.

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I agree. I am tired of all the pointless threads (mine included) that people put in here. I say that we try to get a mod or an admin to just delete the crap threads that don't really have a point.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

There's really not that many threads like that, at least on the first 2 pages. I don't mind it. I don't see what's so wrong, so maybe you're just mad, and need to let out a good rant.

ha no im not mad. im just making my statement and then leaving at peace.

its not just those kinds of threads its like what pickpocket and kirby said, like whats your favorite this and that, just mindless garbage that doesnt really lead to intelligent conversation.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

sorry... not kirby... just looks like kirby. i mean to say daleks, my fault

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

Even better, I think that there should be some form of guide lines about what threads one can make. It could say, "Blah blah blah threads are pointless and should not be made blah blah blah will be deleted on site." That would also downsize the tavern from 510 threads to 100 or so.

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

Sry for the dbl post...
I just realized that that does exist. Clearly people don't read. The mods and admins only lock the links, when they should be deleted. I think that someone should suggest that to the people who are in charge.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The mods and admins only lock the links, when they should be deleted.

Even &quotointless" threads can have good posts, so deletion is wrong. Locking is the correct thing to do because the ideas do not come from vision, especially since duplicates are not allowed.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I know... Where did the good Tavern we all know and love go?

The community has grown a lot lately, and adding users adds spammers, which degrades quality of the community. TTICA got locked several months ago for chat spam.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I guess what you can gather from that is they don't like any of the other subforums because they can't discuss things/don't have useful things to add, so they just come here to make "what's your favorite" "this or that" "would you rather" threads for more posts or because they're bored and think that making those threads will be fun.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

meh. i still like to continue a conversation with people. the favorite stuff was alright for a while but then just got boaring. man i miss all the really cool threads waaay back when i joined. well, that was like last year so not way back. actually i think my ag b-day is coming up soon.....
what am i talking about?
uh but yeah, more detailed threads would be nice.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Ranting?
Well I was never really a huge part of the tavern, but I do drop in from time to time. I have noticed it's degeneration, but it is only expected, seeing as how the forums have become more and more popular. It's the negative to the positive. Yay more popularity for AG, but boo the idjits in the Community.

RIP, TTiCA.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I've only just started posting in the forums and have only just joined Armor Games, so I'm not sure if it has always been like this, but I enjoy it. I like posting in threads such as "What is your favorite..." or "Who would win in a fight between..." Although, I can understand why some people find these threads irritating.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

now that i think of it, when TTICA got locked, it was the downfall of the tavern, I SAY WE PETITION IT TO COME BACK!! or sometthing...

Showing 1-15 of 24