ForumsThe TavernPro Sports

30 3447
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok this is to Talk about pro sports teams. Now the big news in America is the play offs in baseball right now. So that should be a good starting point. Yankees did great in their last game, 10-1 win at Detroit. They need one more game to advance. So yeah talk about stuff like that here. Football, baseball, soccer, tennis, golf, basketball, any pro sports

• 30 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Now the big news in America is the play offs in baseball right now.

It is so big that not all the games are shown on TV.

Anyway I don't really watch baseball, but I don't like the Yankees. They are like the Cowboys of baseball.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok daleks I hate u right now soo much. No one dissess the Yankees, no one. I'm fairly confident that all the games r televised, well at least all the Yankee games r. Their next game is tomarrow in ny. I personally think they can win it. Thoughts?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Well if they knock off the Rangers they would be my hero for a couple of months. But it's gonna be a very close game between Detroit and NY. But because they are at home, The Bronx Beasts, crazed yank fans, are not gonna let the Tigers go that easy. The Cowboys of baseball are the Red Sox, by the way. I think Yankees are gonna run away with it, as long as the Phillies stay out of their way.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

YES!!! thank u, some ones understands. i think the phillies have lost a few games. who are they play, the cardinals? i think so. the game they lost was when they were pitching cliff lee!!! thats crazy that they lost that. the red sox were supossed to be good this year but they completly fell apart. i wish i could go to the game, but its a school night, so i will be yelling at the tv instead =P

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

hahaha eagles fan. ok jeol, mr. phillies tell me, what is a phillie? i mean really what is it? and u did lose when pitching lee right? to the cardinals (who i think r the wild card. idk i follow american not national.)

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Cards are beating phillies 3-2 in the fifth and Oswalt is pitching....so much for the shutdown rotation, huh? =P If the Cards knock out the Phills, it would be one of the biggest upsets of the season. Not as big as Boston's crash-and-burn September, but still big

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

how many games have they played? this is like the 4th right?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

yea this one is their forth...and the Phils lead 2-1 in the series so the Cards NEED this one

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

ok. thats what i thought. i like the cards, their alright. the second most world seiris wins. following the YANKEES!!! going for 28!!! i was a little upset about the giants not making it in though. very sad as they r my second favorite team.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I respect the D'backs for coming from 100+ losses last season to knocking off the champs the next. But i also respect the Giants for knocking off the Rangers in the Series, happiest moment of my October =D

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

really? so the phildelphia team is named after people who live in philidelphia? uh very origional. im pretty sure the phillies lost that game. and jeol, dont go saying the yankees is not a very origional. its the term of a northern person used a lot during the American civil war. its more origional then phillie

ripchicken
ripchicken
16 posts
Nomad

go 9ers

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Angel's are more original than yankees <(^o^)> Even though the Yankees could probably buy the rights to every name in sports. Rich jerks...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

nope, i forgot that was used in the rev. war too. but yeah the southerners called them Yankees or yanks.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

lol yeah rich. hench their nick name, the evil empire
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://mystiqueandaura.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Yankees_Evil_Empire.jpg&sa=X&ei=4O2MTt3XBoTz0gGfzMW0DA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHZVN7GNIkOXzyKUhF77KybdLTvRA

Showing 1-15 of 30