ForumsThe TavernIf there was an apocalypse.......

23 2973
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

What Weapon Would you choose? Why?

• 23 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

i think there's already a thread. i would choose a helicopter that runs on solar energy, and have turrets in the the sides.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I'd be more worried about food and water to be honest.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I suppose I would choose a crowbar. I'm not a big fan of guns and since I have never shot one myself, I'd rather choose a melee weapon. A crowbar is lightweight and easy to carry; it can be used not only as a weapon but as a tool as well.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Hmmmm interesting, well I would have some kind of rifle, also a melee weapon.
And water and food is important but what if theres zombies?

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

but what if theres zombies?

zombie apocalypses are lame

what about a fallout-esque apocalypse, I.E. your in a giant living community protected from the bombs, but when you leave it's a very hostile place

something akin to this

you know, a impromptu government swept on destroying anything "impure" and bands of raiders, added on top with the factions of others
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I'd put a bullet in my brain. I'm not dealing with that crap.

Or I'd make my life as a caravan runner bringing food, luxuries, and firearms to the various bands of people that would inevitably form as clans. Of course I'd either have some guards or roll with some trusted friends, and I'd be extremely heavily armed (a M2 .50 caliber machine gun never did a convoy any harm). I'd do that until I got bored and did part A or somebody else did it for me.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Or I'd make my life as a caravan runner bringing food, luxuries, and firearms to the various bands of people that would inevitably form as clans. Of course I'd either have some guards or roll with some trusted friends, and I'd be extremely heavily armed (a M2 .50 caliber machine gun never did a convoy any harm).

mind if i hop on with that? :P all i'd do is complain, tell you about the history places, hide behind the mutated cow during a fight, and maybe fix something electronic
deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

and have turrets in the the sides.

what about ammo? :P

"I hate life, I hate death and everything in-between just doesn't interest me" ~Chris Rapier

i agree with said quote above and would just suicide
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

mind if i hop on with that? :P all i'd do is complain, tell you about the history places, hide behind the mutated cow during a fight, and maybe fix something electronic

Don't complain when I shoot you and leave you in a ditch.

Really, all I would be looking for is a way of living that was as hassle free as I can get while still rewarding. A mouth to feed that I don't need is a great way to get killed, and would likely be true for most traders. Not to sound brutal, but in an apocalyptic situation, the fewer people I have to do important jobs, the better. Any excess are left behind or killed.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Really, all I would be looking for is a way of living that was as hassle free as I can get while still rewarding. A mouth to feed that I don't need is a great way to get killed, and would likely be true for most traders. Not to sound brutal, but in an apocalyptic situation, the fewer people I have to do important jobs, the better. Any excess are left behind or killed.

meh

i'd probably set up a shop somewhere a bit more colonized, trading luxuries or weapons, preferred to be luxuries, maybe move around a bit, help a kid get his mutated cat from a tree
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'd choose: A KA-BAR knife, a G36c assault rifle, and an APC!

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

A KA-BAR knife,

what would you want to get close enough to stab

G36c assault rifle

good luck with ammo/ finding the actual gun

APC!

very realistic
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I would be a scavenger, looking for useful stuffs that can actually help me survive. Then try and find somewhere to settle.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The knife won't run out of ammo or fuel, will it? Everything else will.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

The knife won't run out of ammo or fuel, will it? Everything else will.

well i mean... a knife? it lacks range

i'd go with a spiked bat, or maybe a cattle prod for melee,

seeing as my shop would most likely be small for a sidearm i'd keep around a Beretta 950 Jetfire on a holster strapped to my ankle, and a shotgun, some form of shotgun, any really for long rifle, which i'd probably keep taped under my shop counter
Showing 1-15 of 23