ForumsThe TavernAmerican Football or Rugby?

26 3351
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

and why?

• 26 Replies
Millzy91
Millzy91
2 posts
Nomad

Tough one, however being welsh myself I would have to go with rugby. Bring on the world cup! >D

Drift89
Drift89
214 posts
Nomad

I'm from Australia so... Rugby
And Australia's in the Semi - Final WOOOOOOOH!!!!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I have never watched Rugby too much. Seems intense.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I personally love Rugby, the Wallabies, and the All Blacks.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Awesome, I've found my crowd!

I have never watched Rugby too much. Seems intense.

It's intense, but it can look a little bit like a gay fest at times.

--

Right, I'm a proud Kiwi and I support the Men in Black. Since my other back-up team Samoa are out of the game, I'll just support the All Blacks.

I've been following the World Cup of course, since it's hosted here. Ergh, Wallabies. Quade Cooper thieves. That game belonged to the Boks. I hope the All Blacks give you green and goldies a lesson. As for the other semi-final, I'll support Wales.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Oh gawd, I didn't even answer the question.

If it wasn't more obvious, then rugby of course. American football is good though.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I know that the Aussies have really sunk in standing in the last couple of years but I still suport them because being from Australia they're my team

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Well, they did win the Tri-Nations. I was fearing them more than South Africa and look what happened: they beat the Boks.

I completely respect the Aussie team. If the ABs lose, they deserve to win the finals.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I also support the ABs all the way as they are an incredably good team, and it was extremely funny when they beat 83-7 against Japan.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Sorry beat Japan 83-7.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I don't hate or like Rugby. Well, I live in American for one. And I don't watch it. American football for me. Not because of the tackling, and stuff. The way the game is made. It's more complex than you think it is.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Sorry beat Japan 83-7.

That was funny too. I was hoping the Blossoms would score a few tries. As soon as the second All Black try came in, I knew the flood gates had burst.

Not because of the tackling, and stuff. The way the game is made. It's more complex than you think it is

Well, the hits in American football are relatively harder because of the very nature of that game. Good thing you have the padding right? And yes, it's a pretty strategic game. But if my attention span is any indicator, I can't bear watching any NFL games I happen to encounter on TV. I just can't endure a sixty minute game that drags onto three hours. Or maybe I just haven't acquired a taste for it yet.. I never understood what the hell I was doing when I used to play Madden NFL though.
turkalurka
turkalurka
4 posts
Bard

They're two very different sports, despite their superficial similarities. A comparison between them is quite an apples-to-oranges proposition.

All things being equal, however I prefer gridiron football to rugby. The stop-and-start gameplay may slow things down, but it gives the teams a chance to play some very deep stratagems. The relatively slow pace of the game makes it also excellent for television, since the commentators can point out the various strategies being employed without interrupting the game itself.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Rugby.

I love playing Rugby, if all else fails, that's what I wanna do with my life.
Don't really watch it too much though, I prefer to play it.

Brzzl
Brzzl
8 posts
Jester

Rugby is the best game in the whole wide World.
It is more fun to watch it, because it is faster and it is definitly more fun to play it.

Showing 1-15 of 26