ForumsWEPRNegative Christian Stereotypes

100 36252
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

What are some negative Christian stereotypes that first come to mind?
Please refrain from flaming and spamming, as always.

• 100 Replies
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

The most common negative Christian stereotypes I can think of would be:
-Most pastors being paedophiles.
-Extremely racist.
-Extremely homophobic.

Not that I ever stereotype Christians in this way, these are just the firs that spring to mind..

Tbh, there should just be one massive stickied thread on Christianity, since so many threads are made on it..

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Tbh, there should just be one massive stickied thread on Christianity, since so many threads are made on it..

Christianity FTW is "supposedly" that, but it's not stickied and no one likes to use it anymore it seems. I expect this thread will be locked and told to continue there.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

That all Christians just want to convert non-Christians to Christianity (say that three times fast)

That all Christians hate LGBTs

All Christians say that you will go to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

-Most pastors being paedophiles.

That's just Catholics

But anyways, we Christians (supposedly) hate Homosexuals, Muslims, Liberals, the Chinese, and Rap music.

Also, the only things we ever do are pray and convert people.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

That all Christians hate LGBTs

Lesbians, Gays, Bi's and Trannies?

anywho, that all Christians will reject your reality and substitute it with, "Well good did it" or, "It was always his plan to do it"
zellos94
zellos94
10 posts
Nomad

-Extremely racist.

yeah um... I don't know where you got this, but I'm pretty sure that's not a stereotype of Christians.
And while most of these definitely are stereotypes, they aren't hard and fast rules. I consider myself a strong Christian, and I love my Lord and savior with all my heart, but I'm also a huge supporter of gay rights. SO while some may have these stereotypes, keep in mind that not all do. :P
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

I think the most common stereotype is that all those people yelling hate to anyone and waving sharpenned crucifixes around are really Christians and not posers or misled
That and that everything that priests say about God is true

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

That we blindly believe in Christianity and hate all forms of science

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

yeah um... I don't know where you got this, but I'm pretty sure that's not a stereotype of Christians.

The kkk was an extremist organization which turned to Christianity around 1915, which is why they'd burn people on crosses sometimes.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

http://jrenseyblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/westboro_baptist.jpg

^ These people haven't done much to improve the Christian stereotype either.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

^ These people haven't done much to improve the Christian stereotype either.

The way most Christians feel about Westboro is about the same as the way most Muslims feel about the Taliban.
Prichard
Prichard
14 posts
Nomad

That they only follow what beliefs are convenient for them.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

That they only follow what beliefs are convenient for them.

That's every religion
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

That's every religion

Broader than that. It's every person's views on anything really. It's human nature to take the path of greatest convenience. ex: Communism failed because too many people were just taking money from the government because they were too unambitious to get jobs.
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

Well, I dunno if this is one of the big, famous, worldwide stereotypes.
But many 'Christians' simply decided to become a Christian in their teens, after sinning plenty times.

Showing 1-15 of 100