ForumsWEPRNegative Christian Stereotypes

100 36272
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

What are some negative Christian stereotypes that first come to mind?
Please refrain from flaming and spamming, as always.

• 100 Replies
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Take it to the Theism vs Atheism thread, thanks.

This isn't Theism vs Atheism, it's the clarification of the creation story of the Bible and The Flood.

The term 'atheism' hasn't even been mentioned since EmperorPlapatine brought up the question about the creation.

...no offense.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Since he is well....God, he could have meant anything by the term 'day'. We just happen to assume he means a 24-hour period, or the 1,000-year period, but it could be anything. I dunno how He works his ays or classifies them.

Then why in the world would he use the word "Day"?

But it would have been disputed anyways, plus I didn't have a biblical reference for it...thank you EmperorPalpatine!

So you are giving up because it would be argued against?

Don't forget, He is deity. Pretty sure he could just snap his fingers and a planet would appear, assuming you believe in Him. If you don't, Earth took billions of years to form.

Then why didn't he? Why did he take so long, and then rest?

And I thought you said he was not omnipotent?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Then why in the world would he use the word "Day"?

I don't know.

So you are giving up because it would be argued against?

More so for the fact I didn't have a reference, so I wan't prepared to defend that stance as much as I would have liked. I've quickly discovered the hole you dig with wild hyperbole and conjecture masquerading as fact.

Then why didn't he? Why did he take so long, and then rest?

And I thought you said he was not omnipotent?

I haven't said 'omnipotent' once this entire thread.

And again, I have no clue. He was tired? If I knew, I'd be absolutely sure to share with you and answer your questions. But I have absolutely no idea.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I don't know.

Then why would you say it was not a day?

More so for the fact I didn't have a reference, so I wan't prepared to defend that stance as much as I would have liked. I've quickly discovered the hole you dig with wild hyperbole and conjecture masquerading as fact.

Do I now? I never use hyperbole, and challenge you to find one example when I did. And I never make baseless conjectures either, you are just saying that because you don't have any of the answers.

I haven't said 'omnipotent' once this entire thread.

You just did.

And again, I have no clue. He was tired? If I knew, I'd be absolutely sure to share with you and answer your questions. But I have absolutely no idea.

He could snap the world into existence...But taking several days to do the same thing made him...tired?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

This isn't Theism vs Atheism, it's the clarification of the creation story of the Bible and The Flood.

The term 'atheism' hasn't even been mentioned since EmperorPlapatine brought up the question about the creation.

...no offense.

You are arguing about theistic claims according to the bible, to which an atheist (314d1) is protesting.

Do you see anything in your argument about stereotypes? I don't.

Thus, it's theism vs atheism. Ignore me though, because no one uses the word "atheism."
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Well since it seems to be of such concern, get us back to the thread topic Kasic.

And it doesn't matter if he is atheist, he isn't arguing an atheist point of view, he is just disputing some of the facts of the christian creation story. Doesn't make it atheist vs theists, especially because christians dispute this all the time.

Do I now? I never use hyperbole, and challenge you to find one example when I did. And I never make baseless conjectures either, you are just saying that because you don't have any of the answers.

What about when I said 'Adam and Eve were around 3,000-4,000 BC, and you exclaim 'you think they lived close to us?'.

No clue where you pulled that from.

You just did.

Well obviously I did right there. But I have not used it in any of my posts to defend, expound upon my argument, like you said I did.

Two things where I have no clue where you got thenm
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

What about when I said 'Adam and Eve were around 3,000-4,000 BC, and you exclaim 'you think they lived close to us?'.

No clue where you pulled that from.

Yes. You said the first humans where just "created" several thousand years ago, witch is extremely close to us historically.

Well obviously I did right there. But I have not used it in any of my posts to defend, expound upon my argument, like you said I did.

Fine. You said he can snap a planet into existence, is that close enough for you?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

too much to read :S

i just wanted to add that the actual word in hebrew for day actually means 12 hours and not 24 hours BUT it can also be used to talk about sunset to sunset.

12 hours=yom
24 hours=yemama

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Fine. You said he can snap a planet into existence, is that close enough for you?

Alright, I can draw the direct connection from that.

Yes. You said the first humans where just "created" several thousand years ago, witch is extremely close to us historically.

That wasn't specified, you just said 'close to us', which I took to mean in some form of 'distance-wise', obviously incorrectly.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

That all Christians just want to convert non-Christians to Christianity (say that three times fast)

I dont...

That all Christians hate LGBTs

Thats more of a Republican trait if you ask me.

All Christians say that you will go to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.

And no. I dont...

everything that priests say about God is true

....Thats like that for most religions. Theirs a main holly dude and all the little peoples listen to him talk about te GoDz and stuff.

The kkk was an extremist organization which turned to Christianity around 1915, which is why they'd burn people on crosses sometimes.

Wait are you saying that they joined Christianity or that they created it? I`m no mathematician but me thinks that it was made before 1915....
All kidding aside I didn`t know that. Need to brush up on my history...

So thats what I have to say about the first page when it was on topic.

and a look at the last page...OH what a surprise, another religion smack down. Why does this always happen?
i`ll just be leaving now...
Showing 91-100 of 100