ForumsThe Tavern{necro}Rubik's Cube

24 5420
DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Who's Rubik? why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

• 24 Replies
Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

In the mid-1970s, Erno Rubik worked at the Department of Interior Design at the Academy of Applied Arts and Crafts in Budapest. Although it is widely reported that the Cube was built as a teaching tool to help his students understand 3D objects, his actual purpose was solving the structural problem of moving the parts independently without the entire mechanism falling apart.

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

In order to collect the cube quickly, you will need to learn fast method for assembling this device. You need to train for a long time, in order to turn the toy quickly. To completely master the known method of Jessica Frederick, you need to learn neither more nor less than 119 algorithms. It will help you to assemble a cube in about 56 turns and in 15 seconds.
In fact, whatever the outcome you may collect the cube no more than in 20 moves.

why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

It's not like these people are smarter, they just have enough free time to remember the algorithms. Also assembling the cube without knowing the algorithms helps to improve spatial thinking.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Who's Rubik?

lmgtfy

why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

Only a child or an arrogant person will think that.
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

Who's Rubik

Erno Rubik

thats not true at all if you look up staratigies on line it tells you exactly how to do it
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I remember my parents gave me a Rubik's Cube as a child. It was fun at the beginning, but one time I messed it up too much and I had to unstick all the coloured labels and stick them again. I know it's not the way you should solve it, but most people have done this sometimes.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I solved a Rubik's cube once in my life. It took me such a long time... Also cool that there are algorithms that go with a rubik's cube. I didn't know that until now.

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

Also cool that there are algorithms that go with a rubik's cube. I didn't know that until now.

Also there are different types of Rubik's Cube like 3Ñ...3Ñ...3, 4Ñ...4Ñ...4, 5x5x5, 6x6x6, 7x7x7, 8x8x8 and for all of them you can find tutorials how to assemble the cube.
But people usually mean 3Ñ...3Ñ...3 cube when they speak about Rubik's cube, also in fast-assembling champioships participants most use this type of cube.
Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

Oops...
3Ã'...3Ã'...3 - is 3x3x3
4Ã'...4Ã'...4 - is 4x4x4

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I solved it many times, but not super fast.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I have solved a cube about 7 times in my life, but it was over a couple of days each. I haven't picked one up in a while though.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've attempted to solve them a few times, but I lost interest after about a minute when I realized I wasn't making any progress.

I have a very short attention span and I'm not good at 3D puzzles in general, so there's virtually no chance of me ever solving one of these marvelous but irritating contraptions.

recneps1337
recneps1337
453 posts
Nomad

i would be the person that would break it apart to put it back together again or just take all the stickers off and say now matter how i turn it its correct.:P
i actually find the stickers way easier because i think ill break it because its plastic.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

My brother has a rubix cube and for some reason he thinks he's cooler coz he can solve it. hmm.. guess some people are just like that.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Naw. I know how to solve it, and all I did was look it up. Apparently, there are certain moves you do. You'll get the hang of it if you look it up.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

if you look it up and find the answer it ruins the challenge and the feeling of success when you achieve putting it together properly. just my view, never completed one myself though...

Showing 1-15 of 24