ForumsThe Tavern{necro}Rubik's Cube

24 5419
DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Who's Rubik? why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

• 24 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have one and I've completed it once, pretty easy once you get familiar with the algorithms, but I don't play with it often anymore.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I had a rubiks cube once long ago. I never managed to solve it. My neighbor threw it down and it broke cuz he got frustrated o.0

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

one guy finished a rubiks cube in 6.24

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I don't get Rubik's Cube. I think the way people solve them is that they have pre-programmed robotic invisible hands doing everything for them.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I think the way people solve them is that they have pre-programmed robotic invisible hands doing everything for them.

Shhhhhhhh.

Anyway, what I used to do if I couldn't solve them (this was when I was around 12) was I'd take it a part then put it back together. It's better than taking off the stickers.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

They assume that you didn't look it up on the internet (or learn it from somewhere else), because they don't know there is a certain pattern to it.
My fastest time is 50 something seconds, But I haven't done it in a long time, so I'm probably very slow.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

It's better than taking off the stickers.

I agree with you. And there are websites where you can learn the solution.

why do people think that when someone knows how to solve rubik's cube their smarter then most people in the world?

Probably because a lot of people can do just a face of the cube, or because these people don't want to spent hours trying to do it. Or because is a puzzle which is, for lots of people, very very difficult to solve.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

My friend taught me how to do one a few months ago, I'm pretty bad at it. My fastest time is something like 3:50

Showing 16-23 of 24