ForumsWEPR[necro] Turkey Quake

18 15297
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

So i was saw an article saying there was a quake today in Turkey that measured 7.3. 138 confirmed dead so far. It happened just a couple hours ago. If anyone has any additional information, feel free to post here. My sympathy goes out to the families affected. I will try to get more information.

• 18 Replies
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

While my sympathies are for the family, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that Israel was the first country to offer aid for the victims in light of all of their differences the past few years. It is unfortunate that it takes a tragedy to make two countries make up, however I think that it is a beacon of light for right now that evan among all of this hardship, two "frenemies" can make up and negate their differences for the common good.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Here's a link that says a thousand deaths are estimated. Such a tragic loss.

It is unfortunate that it takes a tragedy to make two countries make up...

Here's wiki which says the first aid came in from Azerbaijan and the offer from Isreal was declined. Not quite friends yet
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the offer from Isreal was declined.

turkey should know beter. because of a quake in greece turkey became "friends" whit greece again after many year. (turkey was the 1st 1 to aid greece back then)
jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

I wish the best for all of the families in Turkey.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

turkey should know beter. because of a quake in greece turkey became "friends" whit greece again after many year.

It always looks better to be the giver than the receiver. If they say "Yes I need your help", they worry that it will be perceived as weakness compared to Israel. I agree that they should just put aside their differences, but they won't.
athinianhoplite
athinianhoplite
29 posts
Nomad

turkey should know beter. because of a quake in greece turkey became "friends" whit greece again after many year. (turkey was the 1st 1 to aid greece back then). WTF will never become friends with those Turks .We hate them now and for ever.Greece and Turkey didnt have an agrument for somethink. 400 years of slaverty they can not pass like that.Our Empire fall because of those Barbarians.If you dont know dont speak.
I'm sorry only for the families they are humans anyway.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

WTF will never become friends with those Turks .We hate them now and for ever.Greece and Turkey didnt have an agrument for somethink. 400 years of slaverty they can not pass like that.Our Empire fall because of those Barbarians.If you dont know dont speak.
I'm sorry only for the families they are humans anyway.

seems we got that wrong too. we really need to get our facts straight.

turkey will bounce back, but for now they just need to rest and lick their wounds. it isn't shameful to receive aid if it's needed, but it is shameful to not give aid if the nation who helped you is in trouble as well.

for the turkish families: be safe, strong, and prosperous. let not their deaths trouble you, for you will see them again one day.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

All i can say is. Stay strong.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

WTF will never become friends with those Turks .We hate them now and for ever.Greece and Turkey didnt have an agrument for somethink. 400 years of slaverty they can not pass like that.Our Empire fall because of those Barbarians.If you dont know dont speak.

political "friends"
i didn't mean the people. and note the " "
athinianhoplite
athinianhoplite
29 posts
Nomad

I didn't mean that i dont want to aid Turkey I'm sry about the quake i say that i'm sry about the families.I've see red when you say that we bacame friends with Turks after 400 years because of a quake.This is not acceptable from the Greece.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

This is not acceptable from the Greece.

ofcours it wasn't only that. but it gave a good boost in the right direction. right?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The death toll is up to at least 459 so far with at least 1352 injured. link

athinianhoplite
athinianhoplite
29 posts
Nomad

I'm sry if if my words was like i dont care i really do.But ethincism is raising as far as the turkish ethincism.Lots of them are watching our convercations and lots of them knows me.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I didn't mean that i dont want to aid Turkey I'm sry about the quake i say that i'm sry about the families.I've see red when you say that we bacame friends with Turks after 400 years because of a quake.This is not acceptable from the Greece.

Let us also remember the Greeks themselves invaded Turkey in the Turkish War of Independence to grab more land for themselves, claiming that parts of Anatolia were theirs, even with Turkish majorities. That in itself is unacceptable, and it takes two to tango.

The way you're speaking, I know exactly who the ''Barbarians'' are.

Also, try to get your history right, the last major Greek State before an independant Greek Kingdom was formed in the 19th century fell in 1453 (The Byzantines, Trebizond and Morea don't count), which is roughly 600 years ago.

It's people like you that cause the historical and ethnic rifts to never heal, harping on what transpired under a different regime, and a different time period.

It kind of makes me sick and disgusted; a disaster occurred, use it as a chance to show some humanity and build greater bonds.

I'm sry if if my words was like i dont care i really do.But ethincism is raising as far as the turkish ethincism.Lots of them are watching our convercations and lots of them knows me.

You really like to flatter yourself don't you?
ArmorPenetrator
ArmorPenetrator
23 posts
Farmer

never become friends with those Turks .We hate them now and for ever.Greece and Turkey didnt have an agrument for somethink. 400 years of slaverty they can not pass like that.Our Empire fall because of those Barbarians.If you dont know dont speak.

Well, as a Turkishman, i know exactly what you're talking, or more like blabbering about this. Yes, being a barbarian, i'm sitting in front of my laptop, eating uncooked human meat, and gazing at you relentlessly. Was that your tought? Your Empire fell, because it was so corrupted that it couldn't stand a simple battle. Now, mentioning about Turkiye (i prefer this because some Englishmen -or more- take this at a side that they shouldn't) and Greece, you are sitting where you are because of our mercy. After the WWI, you were f*cked up and staying on the razor-sharp edge of our swords. Furthermore, you were doing it for some other dog. We, as modern people would do, spared your lives, and gave you peace. We even gave you some of our isles, thanks to some inconsistent leaders and don't forget about the ones you invaded, and now, you are falling. Don't worry, when you quit becoming "the spoilt child of Europe", we will be the ones that will give you a hand - or anything that's left of you. So, think twice before calling someone "barbarian", or they may embarass you, if you would feel any shame.
Showing 1-15 of 18