ForumsThe TavernWhose ever been in O.S.S. or I.S.S.?

25 4948
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Im in OSS today and I want to meet some people that have ever been stuck at home like this, Anyone?

• 25 Replies
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I've never been in either of them and I plan on never being in them. I know a couple of people who have been and honestly, I do not want to follow that road... :P

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I totally understand, its just when the teacher makes me mad, like when its a sub and they disrespect other kids ill start to lay it on her real hard so... you know I just dont like it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

It would nice to know what O.S.S or I.S.S are.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It would nice to know what O.S.S or I.S.S are.

Google seems to say "Out of School Suspension" and "In School Suspension. I've been in neither, what are you suspended for?
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

have been in iss and it was prety funny. the 1 that had to look after us didn't care what we did. so we drank beer covered in cola cans.
a friend of mine had a machine that made caps for those cans. =)
it's maybe the best time i ever had in school.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I've been in I.S.S., but my parents would kill me if I got OSS. It wasn't bad at all and if you have ISS then you meet quite colorful people. Only problem I had with ISS was that there was very strongly showing likings and disliking of students so there was kids who where let on the computers they had there, and then kids who where told to shut up.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

have been in iss and it was prety funny. the 1 that had to look after us didn't care what we did. so we drank beer covered in cola cans.
a friend of mine had a machine that made caps for those cans. =)
it's maybe the best time i ever had in school.

How did no one notice that around the halls?
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

closed room whit windows. and we didn't drink lots of it. just 3 eatch. deodorant in the empty cans works great. aswell as yourself ofcours.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I had ISS once, back when I was in 5th or 6th grade. I was extremely bored for most of the day. It took me half of an hour to finish all the work that I was provided, then around an hour to write an essay, and I did not have a book with me. I ended up reading all of the short stories and poems that I could find in some of the Literacy books. Not a fun day.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

what are you suspended for?

I only saw the two at my old middle school, and it was for stupid stuff that didn't call for a full suspension; like talking back to the teacher too much and/or throwing things at other students. (usually paper balls with the occasional cap eraser)...Even though O.S.S. is no different from a regular suspension, so I have no idea why and acronym was made for it.

I've never dealt with either, mostly because I heard the guy who watched over it was huge and I saw him tear a phone book in half (the way that's really hard to do) and scared the s*** out of me. But me and my friends came up with a stupid middle school joke and made up a new type of suspension;

After
School
Suspension

...so in a way, we turned *** into an acronym. Ahh, middle school.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've never heard of an in-school suspension. Is that basically just a detention with a fancy name?

I've never had what you call an "OSS". I've always been pretty good at following rules. Sometimes I didn't go to class, which, you could say, is me suspending myself in a way; but I didn't get very many detentions for all the classes I missed, and I still got pretty good grades.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I've never been suspended for anything, and I tend to get annoyed by the kind of people who usually do.

I've never heard of an in-school suspension. Is that basically just a detention with a fancy name?

I was thinking about the OSS and the ISS.
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I've never been in either of them and I plan on never being in them. I know a couple of people who have been and honestly, I do not want to follow that road... :P

Ive never been suspended for anything, but isnt detention lesser than OSS and ISS, though I dont know the difference. But I can ask a couple of my friends though
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

but isnt detention lesser than OSS and ISS

The difference between OSS/ISS and detention is that OSS/ISS go on your records (depending on the district) and detention is less strict. It's kind of like comparing prison and jail. With OSS you're not allowed on school property for the day(s), but some will just stay home and play Xbox so it can be seen as almost a reward. ISS is like a stricter form of detention and it takes all day instead of just an hour.

I've never got either. Only a few detentions for stuff I didn't do, but didn't feel like arguing due to worse punnishments for that.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

Never got either cuz never been cuaght doing stuff in school (like breaking chemical containers or releasing that rotten egg smelled gas in chemistry lab,breaking slides, stealing petrified animals in bio lab and cutting off A/C system of school)

Showing 1-15 of 25