Nomad

I wanna know you viewpoint of this....

....Im interested.

• 51 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Of course, the downside to armatars are the users that will go ask why I don't have a "real" armatar...

I consider all armatars real (except maybe the black armatar, aka thepossum's armatar), but not everyone shares my opinion.

Con: Side effects include nausea (wanting a really high rank/all the armatars), insanity (AKA spam), and depression.

What's so depressive about AP?

Thankfully the little virus guy went away.

The nitrome armatar was never a virus. It was just that many people wanted to use it once they found out about it.

pink one

The nitrome armatar is not the only pink armatar. There is also this armatar:

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_432_100.100_c.png

Hopefully, the image will work. If not, it's supposed to be the shield with a pink background.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Con: Side effects include nausea (wanting a really high rank/all the armatars), insanity (AKA spam), and depression

This made me laugh so much.

What's so depressive about AP?

AP is not the most important part of the AG experience, but people are to stupid and competitive so they don't realize this
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Not that this is anything I care about either, but it enables others to wear them, and that makes everyone easier to recognise, at least if they don't change all the time.
Of course, the downside to armatars are the users that will go ask why I don't have a "real" armatar...
Nevermind, that was not a pro either.

Well you're the only shield on a green background I know....the more popular armatars on the other hand...
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

AP doesn't give me any motivation to be more active, to write good posts, or to keep playing games until I get the high score. Quite frankly, AP is meaningless to me, but obviously many people care about it. I know why, I just don't understand. Sure, it gets you a new armatar, but that won't actually do or add anything to your gaming experience. I guess I am over thinking such an easy concept of the reward system, but honestly, I feel like it's a poor way to get you to play more, which gives ArmorGames more money.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Pros: I don't really have pros for AP right now, I suppose it makes you think you've accomplished something or to show how active you've been, that's about it to me. I'd much prefer if there was no AP or if it was given through game achievements (which'll probably happen in AG3). I suppose that'll be good to reduce spam in the forums and comments since people won't get rewarded with anything.

Cons: You often get people spamming and bragging about how much AP they have.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Cons: You often get people spamming and bragging about how much AP they have.

I find them amusing to say the least, when all they've done is rated games they have dubiously played or started a massive wall chat.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Pros: It gives me a sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction.

Cons: It gives other people a sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

or started a massive wall chat

I remember back in the days, the amount of spam i was developing on wall chats is frightening ...

I'd much prefer if there was no AP

I think AP is useless honestly. You can be a wooden serf or a gold king, if you write good on threads and don't spam, i'll consider you a pro anyways.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I admire the good hypocrite in you Sir.

Thanks, I really hate it when people get AP. Every single time they click that button to rate a game, electrons are being transferred through electronic circuity and energy in their bodies is expended for no good reason at all.

It just sickens me. I can do it though.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Pros: None (Can't think of any)

Cons: Spammers, "rate-farmers", chat spam, "Free AP Chatroom" threads, braggers, people who whine about losing their AP, etc.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

"rate-farmers"

That's a new one

Pros: Makes me feel happy like nothing else.

Cons: Makes me depressed and have maniac rants about how miserable the world is.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Pros: Gives people a reason to stay active.

Cons: 2 AP for rating games is useless. Spam comments can be deleted, but spam-rating is a loophole that nothing can really be done about. This is why I'm hoping, if we have any sort of point system whatsoever in AG3, that game-rating shall give users absolutely no points at all.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

That's a new one

Lol yeah.
This is why I'm hoping, if we have any sort of point system whatsoever in AG3, that game-rating shall give users absolutely no points at all.

Not entirely sure but I think AG3 will be based on game achievements and some legacy stuff. I don't know, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Not entirely sure but I think AG3 will be based on game achievements and some legacy stuff.

I'm not looking forward to a point-system so similar to that of Kongregate, and Kongregate gives you points for rating games. Hopefully the AG staff will change at least that part of the system.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I'm not looking forward to a point-system so similar to that of Kongregate, and Kongregate gives you points for rating games. Hopefully the AG staff will change at least that part of the system.

A lot of stuff is similar to Kong in AG3. But it is still in beta and not everything has been confirmed and they can make any changes to it. But hopefully commenting and rating games don't give out points. Let's deduct the amount of chat spammers and rate spammers. I don't know a lot of AG3 because I don't look into it much.
Showing 16-30 of 51