ForumsThe TavernUpload speeds

25 6671
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Hi I was wondering what everyones upload speed is because I think mine is really low at 0.38 but I don't know and I am thinking about changing my internet provider.

Check your speed at http://www.speedtest.net/

• 25 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Mine was 0.49 and my computer seems to be relatively quick.

How old is your computer? It might be the computers fault and not the internet provider.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Mine was 0.49 and my computer seems to be relatively quick.

How old is your computer? It might be the computers fault and not the internet provider.

Run virus scans, delete your cookies, check how much hard disk space left and RAM you have. If you computer is slow for other programs, it might not be an internet problem.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I don't know why you'd want a high upload speed unless you're uploading something gigantic.

Download speed is where it's at.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

I just checked mine, my Download Speed is 3.02 MBPS and my Upload Speed is 0.66 MBPS.
I have quite a new compoter though.

I don't know why you'd want a high upload speed unless you're uploading something gigantic.

People who want a high upload speed usually make videos on websites etc Youtube.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

My computer is a month or so old. And I make youtube videos that is why I want a high upload speed and the videos range from 100mb to 1.5gb that I upload so it can take me hours to upload but when I have spoke to some people they say it takes them an hour to upload a 1gb video and I was wondering whether it is just my internet or just there is alot better.

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

I had a .96 upload speed. But I got my computer during the summer so its probably about 3 months old.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

It doesn't really matter about your pc majorly its more your internet

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You know, upload speed shouldn't really be hindered by your hardware.. unless you're running an ancient fossil.

I wouldn't expect high upload speeds for most people. Heck, even an upload speed of a few megabits is quite a bit, let alone an upload speed that rivals download speed.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

My upload speed is 4.06 and I'm using a 3 year old laptop. The computer doesn't have much to do with your internet.

Download speed was 20.37 btw.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1568239670.png

on my laptop I think its pretty good

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Download: 2.89 Mb/s
Upload speed: .72 Mb/s
Ping: 38 ms

Seems a little suckish to me. I want it to be faster, but this way is okay. I'm somewhat satisfied.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Well, get ready to get stunned. Faster than Dair's Download and Ping, but... slow...

Download Speed: 4.54 Mb per sec.
Upload: 0.44 Mb per sec.

In a +3 year old Desktop with an intel Pentium Dual-Core processor and 0.5 GB of RAM, if that info fits.

Ah, and a lousy video card.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

ping 12mb
download speed 0.89mb
upload speed 0.23mb

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester