ForumsThe TavernZombies and their Apocalypses

41 4367
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

No, this is not another one of those "what would u do if there wuz a zombie apocalypse????" thread.

Zombies are appearing more and more in video games, and I've seen them in increasing amounts in other media as well in the past 5 or so years; mostly having some relation to a "zombie apocalypse" or something along those lines. I've even seen a decent amount of threads pertaining to the subject here in the AG forums, the most famous being the old ZSC, which had several thousand posts before it was discontinued.

But why all the zombies? Who came up with the idea that they will suddenly create some sort of apocalypse? What is the appeal?

Can someone please explain this craze to me?

• 41 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The link to your picture refuses to load (or perhaps I just don't feel like waiting more than 30 seconds), but I have a feeling you're referring to the ABT Corps de Ballet ad. I saw that one too and it made me chuckle.

Here's an attempt at the image. I don't know what's going to happen, so don't shout at me too much if it doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/VGSj9.jpg

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Yep, that's the one.

I've always laughed at the zombie movies and facepalmed at the characters decisions within them. Why the zombies want them when they don't have the brains to realise ANYTHING....

gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

Every culture creats it's own version of zombies.It's probably because they got so used to fearing things that they started making their own nightmares.But that's just my opinion.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Yep, that's the one.

I saw a different one on the site that nichodemus provided us with. The ad was for "ABT Corps de Ballet". I found it pretty funny that it was on a site talking about corpses.

It's probably because they got so used to fearing things that they started making their own nightmares.

The question is not so much why zombies were created, but why they've been creating such a hullabaloo in the past few years.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I must say though, the original voodoo Haitian Zombie seems to have been killed off.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I must say though, the original voodoo Haitian Zombie seems to have been killed off.

Yes, you can thank the Romero zombie for killing that old thing; perhaps the only thing that the Romero zombie can actually kill!

I think it would be interesting for some movie or video game to bring back the Haitian zombie, just to see how the zombie-crazed public reacts.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I think it would be interesting for some movie or video game to bring back the Haitian zombie, just to see how the zombie-crazed public reacts.

There really isn't much of a threat in a mindless slave.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

There really isn't much of a threat in a mindless slave.

There isn't much of a threat in a Romero zombie, either. The only difference is that the media has portrayed the Romero zombie as being threatening, despite the fact that they require almost zero effort to defeat.

I could see a Haitian zombie being some kind of serial killer by command of an evil human. Since Haitian zombies don't seem threatening, they could get away with a lot more than someone who looked like a murderer.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

blame it on micheal jackson his song thriler raised them from the dead

Showing 31-39 of 41