ForumsThe TavernWhat Motivates You?

22 3523
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We all need motivation, but we're all motivated by different things. Some people are motivated by force, some by cookies, some by pie... I myself am motivated by fast food.

What about you? What motivates you?

• 22 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It varies for what my end goal is. A healthier life when I exercise, a brighter future when I study, a thirst for knowledge when I read and the chance of getting lai--- finding someone I can love when I'm sociable.

usernamebitey
usernamebitey
11 posts
Nomad

work motivates me. I'm a workaholic. I love to do well in things except bein fit. If there is somethin to do with learning something that interests me, it motivates me to do well in it.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

The only thing that motivates me is sense of achievement.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Praise is always nice, or rather acknowledgement, it's good to know that what you're doing has been recognized. However in that sense I don't care how many people recognize it, if just one person does, then I'm satisfied.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

What always gets me going is listening to music. Studying and doing my homework is really boring, but when I listen to music, it helps out so much.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Money. I could do just about anything (hint: just about anything, not I would do anything) if the price is right. If it's something more to do with morals, then whatever the moral is. If it has to do with talking to people, I tell myself it will help me to be more outgoing and will boost confidence level.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

im motivated when other people help me or at least notice im there. also, my hope for a better life. except for... nothing. im not really full of motivation XP

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What motivates me is the desire to achieve things. I'm in school because I have goals, and after this is done I'll be going to college and/or the army, then after that I'm not sure. It depends on what I decide to study and major in. So in about six-eight years I'll have my answer.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I have little motivation, but I suppose my friends and family play a role. I usually try a tad bit harder when they're around. I don't get motivated much, unless it's fun or I might get some benefit out of it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I'm only motivated by what interests me...which is a large problem in school for any class I don't like. When I have no interest in something, I can't pay attention or really focus on it, I make careless errors and tune out the teacher which makes me miss things.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I'm motivated by whatever I want to motivate me. If I want to get something done, I'll motivate myself to do something. I don't have too much of a trouble with motivation. I have a trouble focusing.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I get motivated by other people. I don't do much for myself. Or when I exercise for the good feeling afterwards and during the training. And sometimes for a cake, to bad it's a lie.

dionkar336
dionkar336
9 posts
Peasant

My ancestors motivate me. I am of Spartan descent, and knowing the physical feats they accomplished keep me going physically. The fact that the Greeks invented basically everything motivates me to work hard at my personal intelligence. SO I read ravenously, I research everything, I absorb all the information I can to stay smart.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

I'm NOT motivated. I'm simply better for my indifference towards the world.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I'm NOT motivated. I'm simply better for my indifference towards the world.

What motivated you to post that?

Some sort of positive gain motivates me. I wouldn't want to do something that is a loss.
Showing 1-15 of 22