ForumsThe Tavern[ans] why do you have to be 13?

19 3496
ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

why do you think we have to 13 to be on armor games? i mean to have an account

• 19 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I didn't, never got banned either.

Probably because Cormyn wasn't here to make sure that rule was enforced, or you weren't annoying enough to get noticed and banned.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It's more okay just to ask it here and wait for someone to answer you, so you don't have to go through the trouble of finding the answer yourself in a mess of obscure search results that somehow jumble the words in your search and give you results that just barely have something to do with what you actually want to know.

Unfortunately nobody with any real knowledge on the subject is going to give you an answer on AG so Google can always help.

Probably because Cormyn wasn't here to make sure that rule was enforced, or you weren't annoying enough to get noticed and banned.

I'm sure I was annoying, and I'm also sure like half the mods and Carlie knew.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I'm sure I was annoying, and I'm also sure like half the mods and Carlie knew.

The difference is that this rule is now being actively enforced because it is the law.
Before, it was just another notch towards getting banned: If you were under age and behaving badly, you were more likely to be permabanned from the site than some moron at age behaving just as badly, since they had behaving badly against them, and you would have behaving badly and being underage.

Either way, it is the law that AG cannot store any information, be it name, gamertags or email addresses from anyone under the age of 13. For more information, go read the link Ernie provided, or go find the sticky yourself, it shouldn't be that hard.
To make it real simple: By making an account when you are under 13 years of age, you are making AG break the law, which could mean the site could get removed some day.
So how about you don't.
Showing 16-18 of 19