ForumsThe TavernIf you could be any main character

39 4447
SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

I'm sure at least one of the people who read this has seen at least one movie. My question is which movie would you want to be the main character of mine personally is inception whats yours?

• 39 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

*or book

Magic Tree House books FOR SURE. they sound so sick

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Deffinetly the a-team and I would be Hannibal for sure

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

*or book

In that case, I choose to be God, from the Bible series. He sounds like a pretty cool dude, having the power to do literally anything he wants when he wants. He's also apparently perfect in every way and responsible for all the good stuff that happens. I'm surprised nobody in the Bible ever awarded him a Nobel Prize for all his contributions to the universe.

What better main character is there?
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

well the down side to being god (from the bible series) is all the prayers that must be answered. you get tons of them a day and must search through them and decide witch one to choose.... or hire an intern.

cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

Fight Club, being mentally insane and destroying everything? I'll take it...mischief. mayhem. soap.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

A lot of movies I like, but I guess Batman. It'd be cool to be a billionaire who goes out and fights crime at night.

well the down side to being god (from the bible series) is all the prayers that must be answered. you get tons of them a day and must search through them and decide witch one to choose.... or hire an intern.

Pull a Bruce Almighty and answer them all without reading them.
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

Pull a Bruce Almighty and answer them all without reading them.

yes id have to agree with that one because God is pretty cool but God mixed with Morgan Freeman...well do i really need to explain how God mixed with Morgan Freeman would be way better than the two
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I would choose the Prince of Persia from the Prince of Persia movie,

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

I would be Donnie from Donnie Darko, just cause it's such a weird and awesome movie, plus it would be killer to see wormholes.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

One of the characters from LOTR. Not a hobbit or an Orc, but perhaps one of the Leaders of Men just to live such a life and get the thrill of adventure and subsequent dose of misanthropic depression when one stares at Mordor's Hordes.

Or Obi Wan from Star Wars. He's such an underappreciated character besides Anakin, and such an able and calm Jedi Master. Or perhaps Count Dooku and his suave malevolence cloaked in black.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

There always seems to be some kind of disadvantage in being the main character(s). Which is what makes it interesting to watch or read, but most likely a minor hell to go through.
In some stories you are not even safe as a major character because some authors or directors have fun with killing off characters left and right, while you can't be a background character either, because they are just cannon fodder.
Then again supporting characters seem to have it worse, being the ones getting kidnapped and tortured to mess with the heroes...

I forgot where I was going with this.
Anyway, the Librarian from the Librarian movies. Like Indiana Jones, just more awkward and working at the most awesome library in the world.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

There always seems to be some kind of disadvantage in being the main character(s). Which is what makes it interesting to watch or read, but most likely a minor hell to go through.
In some stories you are not even safe as a major character because some authors or directors have fun with killing off characters left and right, while you can't be a background character either, because they are just cannon fodder.
Then again supporting characters seem to have it worse, being the ones getting kidnapped and tortured to mess with the heroes...

Be the villain. You only die once. Most of the time.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

yes id have to agree with that one because God is pretty cool but God mixed with Morgan Freeman...well do i really need to explain how God mixed with Morgan Freeman would be way better than the two

Agreed, forget being a main character, just be Morgan Freeman. So much awesomeness.

Be the villain. You only die once. Most of the time.

Also, you could try and kill the hero quickly instead of getting him into a terrible position and then talking until he escapes
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I like villains, they just rarely tend to be the main characters, perhaps besides Dr. Horrible.
But yeah, a lot of bad guys could do a lot better of they read the evil overlord list. Or used common sense and reason, instead of trying to be... I don't know, evil? I guess that is what they are trying to do when letting the heroes alone in some slow moving death trap, or giving their dooms day machine or base a self destruct mechanism that is clearly marked as such...

epicchucknorrisftw
epicchucknorrisftw
11 posts
Nomad

I would be Chuck Norris, just cause he's Chuck Norris.

Showing 1-15 of 39