ForumsThe TavernFavorite Children's Movie

13 2279
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

If you don't understand what I mean by children's movie, I basically mean, you know, anything PG or G. Like Pixar movies. I know it is nerdy, but my favorite is "Monsters Inc."

• 13 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Kung fu panda 2 it was pretty awesome.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Flushed Away was a great film. Had me laughing almost non-stop throughout the whole thing.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Definitely WALL-E, even though I wasn't really a child anymore when it came out.

For movies that were out when I was young, probably Bug's Life.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

totally the tom and jerry movie fast and furry

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

WALL-E was pretty good. That's my sick movie

That movie was great when I watched it on a movie theater.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

my fav children movies ARE my fav movies lol:

all dogs go to heaven
the lion king (im surprised no one said this one D
oliver and company
balto
pokemon 8 lucario and the mystery of mew

not sure if youd count it as a children movie:

howls moving castle

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

the lion king (im surprised no one said this one D

I didn't for two reasons.

1) While it has a good storyline, it's boring.
2) Scar's whole little solo song of death is not only creepy to young kids (I first saw that movie when I was 4-5) but it goes on FOREVER. I swear it felt like 30 minutes the first time I saw it.
Malachite
Malachite
12 posts
Nomad

Does Mary Poppins count? I hope it does cause that was just about the only movie I would watch as a kid. Though I did have a few others that I loved to watch. I remember Lilo and Stitch was another one of my favorites. Regardless of the fact that my parents bought me ever other movie available when I was younger when ever there was a TV on and a VCR close by then one of those two would be the movie that night.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Definitely WALL-E even though I'm not a kid anymore.

Kallona
Kallona
2 posts
Nomad

I loved Call of the Wild (the anime version) when I was child. I always wanted to borrow it from library, again and again and again and again. It included killing, blood etc. but I never thought it would have been scary or anything.
Some other favorites were Rainbow Brite and The Star Stealer, The Secrets of NIMH and Bambi.

Later I've also watched The Last Unicorn which I also loved. From newer children movies I enjoy especially Spirit, Treasure Planet and Brother Bear.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

The Emperor's New Groove is probably my favorite due to all the physical humor and such. Toy Story 2 is another favorite just for the black and white scene here.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

The Lion King! The first one. I still watch it every now and then, just for a blast from the past.

Showing 1-12 of 13