ForumsThe TavernBlack Friday

25 3246
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

So are any of you going shopping today since it's Black Friday? If so, what do you plan on getting? For those that don't know what this is read this.

I actually forgot about Black Friday and even if I knew about it beforehand I probably wouldn't go. I wouldn't enjoy waiting in long lines and being surrounded by hundreds of people. Twenty-fifty dollars off the original price isn't really worth it to me. I'd rather be at home enjoying some leftover Thanksgiving food and holiday films.

Some people even go to an extreme to set up camps outside stores the day before Black Friday so they can be one of the first people to get in and out.

But anyway, I'm going to go to a Walmart today (around two-three hours from now) to get a few video games and some other things. I hope the store isn't filled with a lot of people and long lines, I don't really want to wait half an hour for a few games, and I'd probably go back home and wait another day if it is.

• 25 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I never knew about Black Friday, and coming from one of the shopping capitals of the world, that's shocking. I don't usually splurge aside on books and food, so I guess I'll give this one a miss.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

No. I have ADHD, so I can't STAND waiting in long lines. I don't care if the prices are low, I can't stand it.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I never had any interest in shopping, and I didn't know what Black Friday was until I heard about it like a year ago. I hate going to the mall, and I don't really care what brand of clothes I wear. My sisters, however, always like to shop and their always begging my dad to go to the mall.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I went to Walmart and surprisingly there weren't a lot of people. I got Battlefield 3 for $30 when it's normally $60. Gonna have to go back there tonight and get a few more.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I heard someone sat in front of a store on 7AM Thanksgiving morning so that he could get some $200 tv at midnight. It is a decent tv, but that's just too crazy...

You have never heard of the Singapore IT Show. People bring tents, mats, and queue from the day before in lines up to thousands. We never fail to make use of cheap deals.

I hate going to the mall, and I don't really care what brand of clothes I wear.

Surprisingly, I don't mind shopping that much as a guy. And I surprisingly mind about my clothes haha.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I actually forgot about Black Friday and even if I knew about it beforehand I probably wouldn't go. I wouldn't enjoy waiting in long lines and being surrounded by hundreds of people. Twenty-fifty dollars off the original price isn't really worth it to me. I'd rather be at home enjoying some leftover Thanksgiving food and holiday films.

You could just order your stuff online. That way you don't have to wait in lines and you still get the discount prices.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

But then you miss out on all the fun of going out today!

Half the reason why people like shopping is because of the socializing involved, the comparing of tastes and purchases and the mindless chatter.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

But then you miss out on all the fun of going out today!

But I don't find crowded places all that fun. It is to loud and I hate always having to avoid people.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

There didn't seem to be any major deals this year. It didn't seem like more of a sale than you'd expect any day.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I've heard of Black Friday a couple of times. It's kind of the same as Boxing Day in Canada and other countries. Except B.F is after your Thanksgiving, ours is after Christmas. I went last year and it was just way too crowded for me so I probably won't go this year.

gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

I heard they made a new thing "cyber monday"

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

That's nothing new. It is just the Monday after Black Friday and everything on the Internet is on sale, not in store items.

As for this thread: I wanted to go get a dock for my ipod but instead my parents left me home to babysit my younger siblings while they fix problems we are having at the bank. Oh well I am used to never being listened to by my parents. So I guess not I don't think I am doing any shopping today.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

That's nothing new. It is just the Monday after Black Friday and everything on the Internet is on sale, not in store items.

As for this thread: I wanted to go get a dock for my ipod but instead my parents left me home to babysit my younger siblings while they fix problems we are having at the bank. Oh well I am used to never being listened to by my parents. So I guess not I don't think I am doing any shopping today.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

sorry For the triple post my cpu is acting up. and I just found out I might be replacing my DVD player today and getting a new one if I can find one for a decent price.

Showing 1-15 of 25