ForumsPopular MediaWhat's better, Star Wars or Star Trek

29 9133
eli12345
eli12345
16 posts
Nomad

I personally think star wars is better because of the story line and characters, like vader and chewbacca, they have storys behind them.In star trek its just a bunch of humans fighting aliens, there isn't any thing behind it.Well, that's enough of what i think, what's your opinion?

• 29 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

star wars is a movie, while the series is not so good, star trek is (for me) an average series, but the movies are terrible.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Are you guys just going to compare movies or the different universes?

HitThePost
HitThePost
32 posts
Nomad

Well, Star Wars has a great storyline and build up, and i've seen all of the episodes. Star Trek, I've only seen 1 film and it was good, but i dont think you can judge a series of films upon one episode. For example, Jaws. Jaws 1 was amazing, Jaws 2 was fake, Jaws 3 was rubbish and Jaws The Revenge was even worse. So if i had a choice to buy the Star Wars series of the Star Trek series, i would definetely buy Star Wars.

PS I do have the Star Wars series, in case you're wondering.

Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

I have seen many of the Star Trek episodes and I would call myself a fan. I have also seen all the Star Wars episodes and would also call myself a fan there too.

There are many good things in both series. Star Wars has a very good storyline and has numerous action scenes that are not just the same as all the others. (The good guy fighting the bad guy(s), good guys is about to lose, but then he or she find a new power, gets outside help, or just pulls off something amazing to beat the bad guy(s).)

Along that same line... Star Trek also has many different varieties of scenes, adventures, characters, and battles.

As always there are things that can be criticized in both of them. Because Star Trek has many more episodes than Star Wars there is going to be more to criticize. However, you could also add the cartoon version into the Star Wars series and say that it deters from the seriousness and professionalism of the original sagas.

If I had to say which one I preferred I would have to say Star Wars because the fact that it is amazing how they actually filmed it. There is much less computer animation than in Star Wars than in Star Trek. (There's actually a man who walked along inside of R2-D2 to make it move.)

eli12345
eli12345
16 posts
Nomad

[quote]However, you could also add the cartoon version into the Star Wars series and say that it deters from the seriousness and professionalism of the original sagas.

I Agree, the series does kinda ruin Star Wars.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

star trek is much more boring. i like action movies, and star wars is much better because it ha more action.

commander97
commander97
5 posts
Nomad

I think Star Wars is better because I always might

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

I liked Star Wars more than Star Trek. I never really got into Star Trek, not sure why, but I'm just not a fan. Perhaps it's just all the useless stuff they add to it.

WolfKing333
WolfKing333
53 posts
Nomad

Dont get me wrong, Star Trek is pretty awesome, but Star Wars really takes the title in my opinion.

ichigo1010
ichigo1010
7 posts
Nomad

star wars is the best because it has a better plot.

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

I've never seen Star Trek, but Star Wars is my favourite film

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Star Trek... I like the technology, especially the starships. The clever was they introduce certain bits of technology that explains how other technology works. Its all gobbledy gook, but it's more fun than lightsabers and wookies.

Although admittedly, Darth Vader is brilliant.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Well, considering one is a classic movie and the other is a series that was remade a couple of times, the only thing they have in common is that they are sci-fi. But if I HAVE to choose, I side with Star Wars because I grew up watching that and I never really took to the Star Trek series.

ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

I personally believe each side should come together in mutual Starpeace

I saw that a while ago. I can't do it though. I refuse to mingle with the Star Wars simpletons :P

I've seen all of Star Wars and watched every episode from the Voyager series of Star Trek (which I loved as a teenager)

I've watched other versions of Star Trek and enjoyed them, but never to the extent of Voyager. Although Next Generation was quite good.

Although I've disliked almost every Star Trek movie...

In the end Star Trek wins. I love a good sci-fi series because it has so much more room to expand on a universe. However I feel to get really into the Star Wars universe you pretty much have to read books. And if you just rely on the movies (which is where it all started for Star Wars) then the story is really...boring to me :S It starts, and it ends.

But Star Trek leaves the entire universe open for a never ending story

TL;DR - Star Trek ftw. Star Wars doesn't have enough detail and is too simple while Star Trek is just...awesome in every way :P
Showing 1-15 of 29