ForumsThe TavernJingle of Gold

22 3090
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

How much do you get, or how much did you get before you outgrew your parents' wallets? That is, what was your allowance.

• 22 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I never got an allowance. My mom says that she "feeds me, clothes me, and puts a roof over my head. Technically, I should be giving her rent." :/

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I feel guilty :/ I typically just get whatever I need for my daily meals, around 10 dollars. And more when I hang town :/

Soon though, the army will grab me into its maw and dole out a little cash for my pains, so I'm counting the days down.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

My parents used to put like 50 nickels into a cup and whenever we would misbehave they would take a nickel out and at the end of the week we got whatever was left in the cup. Well my bro kept complaining that he had too many nickels so we stopped getting an allowance. Now we get nothing and my parents basically say the same thing as Mavericks :/

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Ah, for once I feel privileged. Doesn't happen often around you younglings with your gaming consoles and what not.

I think I managed to get up around 3-3.50 dollars a week at its finest. Might possibly have ended up with 20 dollars (a month) a year or two before my 18th birthday, but that might be my own imagination.
It was alright. Of course I had to use most on travelling back and forth to the bigger city once a week, which was rather expensive, and still is, so in the end I am still surprised I managed to keep a saving of what was left.

Of course my siblings get 40 dollars a month, and then 10 more if they wash the windows, but that's what happens when you are the oldest one and your parents gets good jobs after you have moved out.

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

As long as I don't ask for a lot of money most of the time, I get what I ask for. Even then, though, I am told what Maverick is told.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I never got an allowence. I'm probably not getting one. And if I have kids I probably won't give them one, until they're at least teenagers.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I never got allowance as a kid. I asked my parents about getting paid for doing chores, their idea of being &quotaid" was 1-2 cents for mowing the lawn.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Honestly, I used to get as much money as I wanted and more. I just had to ask. I also had task bonuses, every time I got good grades or I won a medal in fencing I got paid 50 $.
I can't complain.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I get $5 if i do really good in a basketball game. Also if I get Straight A's i get $45

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I never asked for money, never got it, but I got something if I really wanted it and my parents approved, so I had no real need for allowance.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i got 15 euro for a month in the past but now i get money from the state as long i am in the evening school. i get 300-350 euro or so, but i give my mom 100 euro. and i need 90 euro for the bus. after i got my diploma, i search an one-year internship in an institution for handicaped. then i want to get an education so i can work in an institution for handicapped to help and assist them.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@ Goumas

Your parents must have really spoilt you.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

All my sibling and i used to get our age a week (if we were 10, we got 10$ a week) a week, then my dad realized that this was a ridiculous amount so after a bit he changed it to twice our age a month (if we were 10, we got 20$ a month). Then after someone took a dump on America's economy, he changed it to our age a month (if we were 10, we got 10$ a month) which is fine and all for me because i make plenty more from my job.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

@ Nichodemus
I plead nolo contendere.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ah well, no one ever would want to anyway....

MUMMY'S BOY.

Showing 1-15 of 22